Automatic renewal means that all books you have on loan will be automatically renewed by the system at the end of the loan period unless:
- they have been requested by another library user
- you have fines or overdue loans
- new due date and old due date would be the same
- your library account has expired
Failure to return a requested item by the end of the ‘grace period’ will result in an automatic block being applied to your library account.
The application of the automatic block means that:
- None of the items you have on loan, irrespective of whether they are requested by another user or not, will auto-renew
- All of the items you have on loan, irrespective of whether they are requested by another user or not, will incur fines once they have passed the due date however you will be able to arrange for the fines on unrequested books to be waived once you have returned the requested item/s and paid the late charge associated with it/them.
You will need to return any overdue items and pay outstanding library charges before your loan items will automatically renew.
Inter-library loan items will not be automatically renewed. You can take them, together with your UCard, to an information desk to find out if reissue is possible.
You will need to return any overdue requested items, pay outstanding library charges that have been levied on them and arrange for charges on unrequested books to be waived before anything remaining on loan to you will automatically renew.