Accelerate onto a Master's programme at Bristol with our 3+1 AMD Programme, exclusive to Xidian University students.
If you are a student at XDU studying one of the degree programmes listed below then you are eligible to transfer to Bristol.
Click on the degree programme to find out more about about the partnership opportunity and what degree programmes you can study at Bristol.
We do not currently have any opportunities to transfer your studies from XDU University to an undergraduate level via our Global Transfer Programme. If you are interested in studying at an undergraduate level at the University of Bristol, please visit our standard Undergraduate study webpages.
3+1 AMD Programmes
What is the 3+1 AMD Programme?
Join a 1 year Master's degree programme at Bristol after completing 3 years of your 4 year Bachelor degree in China (3+1).
At the end of the programme you will receive:
- A Bachelor degree from Xidian University
- A Master's degree from the University of Bristol
Am I eligible?
To qualify, you must:
- Complete our three-week summer school - the Intensive Selection Camp. The camp will take place in the summer after you complete your 2nd year at Xidian University.
- Achieve a grade average of 82%, calculated as the average of your three years at Xidian University.
- Meet our English language requirements (Profile E - IELTS 6.5 overall, with 6.0 in all skills, alternative qualifications are accepted)
What can do I need to study?
You must study one of the following Bachelor degree programmes at Xidian University:
- Big Data Management and Application
- Biomedical Engineering
- Communication Engineering
- Computer Science and Technology
- Data Science and Big Data Technology
- Digital Media Technology
- Electrical Engineering and Automation
- Electromagnetic Fields and Wireless Technology
- Electronic Information Science and Technology
- Electronic Packaging Technology
- Electronic Science and Technology
- Engineering Management
- Industrial Design
- Industrial Engineering
- Information Countermeasure Technology
- Information Engineering
- Information Management and Information Systems
- Intelligent Medical Engineering
- Internet of Things Engineering
- Measurement, Control Technology and Instrument
- Mechanical Design, Manufacturing and Automation
- Optoelectronic Information Science and Engineering
- Radio Wave Propagation and Antenna
- Remote Sensing Science and Technology
- Robotics Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Spatial Information and Digital Technology
- The Electronic Commerce
What can I study?
You can study any of the following Master's degree programmes at Bristol:
- MSc Advanced Microelectronic Systems Engineering
- MSc Aerial Robotics
- MSc Biomedical Engineering
- MSc Biorobotics
- MSc Communication Networks and Signal Processing
- MSc Computer Science (conversion)
- MSc Cyber Security
- MSc Data Science
- MSc Financial Technology with Data Science
- MSc Image and Video Communications and Signal Processing
- MSc Immersive Technologies (Virtual and Augmented Reality)
- MSc Optical Communications and Signal Processing
- MSc Optoelectronic and Quantum Technologies
- MSc Robotics
- MSc Wireless Communications and Signal Processing
How do I apply?
To apply you need to:
- Choose your 1st and 2nd choice Master's degree programme
- Submit your application via Wuhan Ouzhong International Education Communication (WOIEC) Ltd., using the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact your home university for more details on the application process.
Find out more about transferrring your studies to Bristol via the Global Transfer Programme by joining one of our events. We run bespoke webinars for each partnership, so sign up to the one we are running for your University or dowload a copy of the recording if it has already taken place. We will also run additional events such as a Scholarships Webinar and a Student Q&A, so check out our events page to see when these are taking place.
Chat with us
Talk to our team about transferring your study to Bristol via the Global Transfer Programme. Book an online drop-in session to chat with us through Zoom or Microsoft Teams, send us a message or add us on WeChat.
Find out what makes Bristol one of the UK’s top ten universities.
How to apply?
Apply to transfer your study to the University of Bristol using our online application form.
In the UK's top ten universities
QS World University Rankings 2022
Best place to live in the UK
Sunday Times 2017