Scholarship Pitch – Why I will be a great Innovation Student.
We want you to respond to this question by highlighting any skills, experience and/or passion you might have for innovation, creativity, design and/or entrepreneurship. You might want to show us what you have created already, or describe why you want to apply your chosen subject specialism to innovation to make a difference and help to change the world.
How to create and submit your pitch.
- Candidates for scholarships can video themselves pitching why they have the skills, experience and/or passion to be a great innovation student.
- Innovation pitch videos should not be longer than 3 minutes. Candidates should then place the video on an online accessible platform for us to view such as YouTube, Vimeo etc. and notify us via Cfifirstname.lastname@example.org where we can watch it
- Ensure no copyrighted contents are in your video.
- Remember you can always make your video unlisted if you don’t want to make it publicly accessible. If you have made your video unlisted then only those that have been given that direct URL to your video will be able to watch it.
- We will only share your video URL with the academic team in order to make their judgement - we won't share it with anyone else without your permission.
- Due to the University’s system we are unable to accept invites to our email addresses to view Youtube videos which have been set to private.
- We are interested in assessing your ideas and response to this challenge, not your technical abilities. For example, we aren't expecting HD videos recorded with specialist video cameras to be submitted - simply videoing yourself on your mobile phone, tablet or webcam will suffice as long as we can hear and see you clearly.
- Please add your name to the video. There is no need to include your UCAS number.
- Deadline for submission of pitches is 4pm on Monday 30th September 2019.
An example from our 2018 applicants to inspire you.
You might also want to look at our YouTube channel.
What happens next?
Scholarships will be offered to those students studying an undergraduate degree at the Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship and judged by the teaching team to have produced the most exciting and engaging pitch.