A one year Masters in Innovation and Entrepreneurship for postgraduates from any discipline. An alternative to the traditional MBA.
If you want to find and launch a business, understand how innovation happens or develop skills to carve out your own career path, this is the course for you.
- Start-up your idea or career in a supportive environment
- Undertake creative and commercial projects in collaborative teams
- Learn human-centred techniques for designing and developing ideas
This course aims to develop the high-level skills and critical competencies needed for successful innovation and entrepreneurship, through a largely practice-orientated educational approach based on collaborative team-work across disciplines and cultures.
It will teach you how to apply your existing subject-specific knowledge to real-world challenges through a range of transdisciplinary units focusing on innovation-led entrepreneurial skills, design and systems thinking, making and testing.
The academic work you’ll undertake will be 100% coursework with no exams. Assessments are often collaborative and include both practical reports and presentations and reflective analysis of your process and performance. The final project is a launch-pad; where you will create an innovative venture, put together a detailed plan and work out how take it forward and raise investment.
Why study with us?
- This is creative, cultural, interdisciplinary, design-led course for enabling people and ideas.
- Our staff are a mix of industry professionals, serial entrepreneurs, award-winning educators, and cutting-edge researchers; there are no exams – but there are lots of projects.
- Our learning environment is purpose-built for teamwork, and you can expect to be networked and connected with our rich ecosystem of expertise and advice.
- We give you the tools and the space to discover how you want to be innovative for the rest of your life, help you find or refine an idea, and then we help you launch your plans.
- Awarded the ‘Collaborative Award for Teaching Excellence’ by Advance HE in 2019.
- Winners of the ‘Higher Education Team’ category in the UK’s National Enterprise Education Awards 2018.
- 'The best place to live in the UK’ (Sunday Times 2017)
- ‘The 2nd best start-up economy outside London’ (Start-up Cities Index 2017)
- Home to ‘the world's best university-run start-up incubator’ (UBI Global Index 2018).