- PGR student Neema Begum to participate in House of Commons event 6 February 2018
- SPAIS PhD student, Rosie Walters, appeared on BBC Wales 6 July 2017
- The GRC's Maud Perrier co-edits Australian Feminist Studies journal 31 March 2017
- Same-Sex Marriage and Migrant Temporariness 17 March 2017 Dr Eithne Luibheid from University of Arizona and Benjamin Meaker Visiting Professor at SPAIS presented her paper titled “Same-Sex Marriage and Migrant Temporariness” at an event jointly hosted by the Centre for Ethnicity and Citizenship and the Gender Research Centre. The seminar was chaired by Dr Katharine Charsley.
- Prof Sarah Childs discusses Women and Equalities Committee report on Radio4 11 January 2017
- SPAIS students win Alumni Association Award two years in a row 13 December 2016
- FWSA 2016 Book Prize awarded to Dr Deborah Withers 26 October 2016