Military Education Committee
A committee of Bristol University Senate
Twice a year (November and May) with a third meeting (February) sometimes called on an “as necessary” basis. Because of the difficulties of assembling the diverse membership at other times, meetings take place at 1800 and are normally of 1.5 to 2 hours duration.
- Five academic members appointed by Senate of Bristol University
- One member appointed by the Council of Bristol University
- Two academic members appointed by Bath University
- Two academic members appointed by the University of the West of England
- The Officer in Charge of the Bristol University Royal Naval Unit (ex officio)
- The Commanding Officer of the Bristol University Officers Training Corps (ex officio)
- The Officer Commanding Bristol University Air Squadron (ex officio)
- The Chief Executive of the Wessex Reserve Forces and Cadets Association (ex officio)
- A Royal Navy University Liaison Officer (ex officio)
- An Army University Liaison Officer (ex officio)
- A Royal Air Force University Liaison Officer (ex officio)
- All past Commanding Officers of Bristol University Officers Training Corps (ex officio)
Governance opportunities for staff of Bristol University (in that capacity) are restricted to categories (1) and (2).
The Secretary to the Committee, a member of the administrative staff of Bristol University.
Term of appointment:
Terms of Reference: