Dr Benoit Pelopidas participates in a roundtable on "New International Nuclear History, International Organizations and the IAEA" 16 September 2014 Dr Benoit Pelopidas participates in a roundtable on "New International Nuclear History, International Organizations and the IAEA" in Vienna with Professor David Holloway (Stanford University), Professor Matthew Jones (London School of Economics) and Professor Sonja Schmid (Virginia Tech) on September 19, 2014.
- Ethnicity Centre 20th Anniversary: Event with the Bristol Festival of Ideas 22 July 2019
- SafeSeas Job Opportunity: 2-year Postdoctoral Research Assistant 25 February 2019
- SafeSeas Publishes Best Practice Toolkit 6 March 2018 SafeSeas is pleased to announce the publication of the Best Practice Toolkit entitled 'Mastering Maritime Security: Reflexive Capacity Building and the western Indian Ocean Experience'.
- United Nations Special Envoy for the Oceans opens SafeSeas Symposium 6 March 2018 The Special Envoy for the Oceans of the United Nations Secretary-General, H.E. Mr. Peter Thomson, formally opened the SafeSeas Symposium on Capacity Building for Maritime Security on the 2nd of March. The goal of the high-level symposium is to rethink the strategy and methods of capacity building in the Western Indian Ocean region.
- GIC staff attend SAFESEAS Workshop at the University of Stellenbosch 15 November 2017
- UKADR conference: calls for panel proposals 4 October 2017 UKADR conference call for panel proposals on the themes of Complex Hazards/Complex Vulnerabilities. Closing date is 15 November 2017
- GIC hosted debate on book by GIC member Filip Ejdus 29 September 2017 GIC hosted a debate about the book Memories of Empire and Entry into International Society: the views from the European Periphery.
- Mark Duffield to speak on 'the Boomerang Effect' at LSE workshop - 19th May 17 May 2017
- Brad Evans and Russell Brand's collaboration continues with podcast 'The Trews' 27 April 2017
- Mark Duffield will explore flat Earth projections at a workshop on Mapping, Mercator and Modernity 22 March 2017 Mark Duffield will explore the relevance of flat Earth geographical projections at a workshop on Mapping, Mercator and Modernity: The Impact of the Digital, at Gerhard-Mercator-Haus, University Campus Duisburg, Germany, 25 April 2017.