Funding undergraduate study

Funding advice

The Student Funding Office provides guidance on the financial help you can expect from bursaries, scholarships and UK Government loans. If you've previously studied in Higher Education, contact us to discuss how this will affect your funding.

The costs you are likely to have while at university are accommodation costs, general living costs and tuition fees. Read our advice on  managing your finances while you study.

Funding for UK/Home students

UK students can access funding from the Government: a tuition fee loan and a maintenance loan to help cover living costs. More specialised funding can be available, such as the Childcare Grant, Disabled Students' Allowances and NHS funding.

Funding for EU students

EU students can apply for tuition fee loans from the UK Government and may find funding from University scholarships.

EU referendum update

Current EU students who have been assessed as eligible to receive loans and/or grants from the SLC, will continue to receive these loans and grants until they finish their course. This will also apply to EU nationals who intend to begin studying from the autumn of 2017 or 2018.

See the Student Loans Company website for details.

Funding for International students

International students must have enough funds in place to cover the cost of tuition fees and living expenses before arriving to study at university.

There are a range of University scholarships and awards available for international students.

Channel Islands (CI) and Isle of Man (IoM) students

To find out more about the living cost and tuition fee support you may be eligible to receive from your island government, please visit their website: