Bristol Ranked Fourth in Business and Management
23 January 2008
Bristol University is ranked fourth the category 'Business and Management' in the latest 2008 Guardian University Guide.
The Guardian's 2008 University Guide places Bristol fourth in its rankings of business and management studies at British universities. This category covers business studies, management studies, finance, accounting, marketing, human resource management and business and administrative studies.
The 2008 university league tables cover all full-time, undergraduate courses at higher education institutions in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, and are aimed at those wanting to start university in the 2008 academic year. The rankings are based on seven statistical measures weighted as follows:
- Teaching quality - as rated by graduates of the course (10%)
- Feedback - as rated by graduates of the course (5%)
- Spending per student (17%)
- Staff/student ratio (17%)
- Job prospects (17%)
- Value added - comparing students' degree results with their entry qualifications (17%)
- Entry score (17%)