Bristol Conversations in Education research seminar series
Bristol Conversations in Education is a seminar series which showcases world-class, impactful, cross-disciplinary research about education.
You can view the powerpoint presentation or listen to the audio of Bristol Conversations in Education seminars.
The series aims to promote lively discussion around teaching, learning and leadership in education and is aimed at researchers, practitioners and policy makers. Each seminar is hosted by a leading academic from our research centres and networks. Everyone is welcome to attend. It is free to attend but registration is required.
The upcoming seminars will be taking place on:
- 23 October - Poetry in research: authentic or sentimental representation?, Professor Tansy Jessop, Pro Vice-Chancellor for Education, University of Bristol
- 30 October - Vocabulary Size as a Proxy for the Socio-Economic Status in Partner Selection, Dr Michael Daller, University of Reading
- 6 November - Multi-competence, translanguaging and mobile self-directed learning, Professor Li Wei, UCL Institute of Education, University College London
- 13 November - An interactive pre-inspection tool for Further Education and Skills inspectors, Dr Andreas Soteriades, PhD, Data Scientist, Data & Insight, Ofsted
- 20 November - Abolishing Public Schools: Lessons From Research and History, Professor Roger Bullock
- 27 November - Counting to Learn? Accountability, Privatization and Learning Outcomes in Mumbai and Kathmandu, Dr Robin Shields, University of Bristol
- 29 November - What can we learn about global education from historical and global policy studies of the OECD?, Professor Christian Ydesen, Department of Culture and Learning, Aalborg University
- 2 December - Measuring leadership and management and their linkages with literacy in rural and township primary schools in South Africa, Dr Gabrielle Wills & Professor Servaas van der Berg, Stellenbosch University
- 11 December - Designing Inclusive Education Technologies With and For Visually Impaired and Sighted Chidlren, Dr Oussama Metatla, Department of Computer Science, University of Bristol
View the event pages for previous Bristol Conversations in Education seminars.