Bristol Conversations in Education research seminar series
Bristol Conversations in Education is a seminar series which showcases world-class, impactful, cross-disciplinary research about education.
You can view the powerpoint presentation or listen to the audio of Bristol Conversations in Education seminars.
The series aims to promote lively discussion around teaching, learning and leadership in education and is aimed at researchers, practitioners and policy makers. Each seminar is hosted by a leading academic from our research centres and networks. Everyone is welcome to attend. It is free to attend but registration is required.
The upcoming seminars will be taking place on:
- 20 January - Measuring leadership and management and their linkages with literacy in rural and township primary schools in South Africa, Prof. Robin Shields, University of Bristol
- 21 January - A small-island-developing-state lens on teacher professional development and learning, Aminath Shiyama, School of Education, University of Bristol
- 22 January - Responding to the Climate Emergency – Psychology and (dis)obedience, Professor Colin Davis, School of Experimental Psychology, University of Bristol
- 29 January - New directions for wellbeing in Education, Sian Ephgrave, Trang Mai Tran & Zibah Nwako, University of Bristol
- 12 February - Identifying enablers and obstacles in language education, Professor Tess Fitzpatrick, Swansea University
- 26 February - Doing data differently: the creative use of data visualisation in opening spaces for professional dialogue, Cathy Burnett, Professor of Literacy and Education, Sheffield Hallam University
- 4 March - What’s wrong with universal literacy? Thinking in the pluriverse for sustainable and equitable futures in vulnerable times, Dr Mia Perry, University of Glasgow
- 25 March - Communication preferences of autistic adults, Dr Felicity Sedgewick, School of Education, University of Bristol
- 1 April - Evidence-based inspection: research and evaluation at Ofsted, Daneil Muijs, Ofsted
- 17 June - Why the Co-op is involved in the academy programme, Frank Norris (MBE)
View the event pages for previous Bristol Conversations in Education seminars.