Ways to improve higher education access and support for disadvantaged pupils proposed by Prof Sally Thomas 15 March 2019 On 12 March 2019, Prof Sally Thomas presented the findings of the “Value Added in Higher Education” project at the Office for Students National Conference on Learning Gain held in Birmingham.
- Ways to improve higher education access and support for disadvantaged pupils proposed by Prof Sally Thomas 15 March 2019 On 12 March 2019, Prof Sally Thomas presented the findings of the “Value Added in Higher Education” project at the Office for Students National Conference on Learning Gain held in Birmingham.
- School of Education & Bristol Poverty Institute co-host an international workshop on Educational Inequality, Poverty and Development 7 March 2019
- Dr Helen Manchester shortlisted for International Women’s Day by UK Research & Innovation 6 March 2019 The School of Education is proud to announce that Dr Helen Manchester has been profiled by UK Research & Innovation for International Women’s Day.
- Congratulations to all our recent graduates! 25 February 2019 Many School of Education students saw their hard work pay off as they graduated at the University’s annual ceremony on Thursday 21 February 2019.
- Professor Rosamund Sutherland 1947 - 2019 31 January 2019 Ros Sutherland, the former Head of the School of Education and more recently an Emeritus Professor, passed away on Saturday 26 January 2019.
- New research shows league tables ‘punish and reward wrong schools’ 24 January 2019 Secondary school league tables, published today [24 January], ‘punish and reward the wrong schools’ by failing to take pupil background into account, according to new research from the School of Education, University of Bristol.
- Prof. Paul Howard-Jones returns to our screens for 'The Secret Life of 4 & 5 Year Olds' 11 January 2019 An award-winning documentary series, featuring the School of Education’s Professor Paul Howard-Jones, has returned to our television screens.
- Initial teacher education work has been awarded 'outstanding' by Ofsted 18 December 2018 We are delighted to announce that the School of Education's initial teacher education work has been awarded an 'outstanding' grade as a result of our Ofsted inspection.
- Celebrating School of Education achievements in 2018! 14 December 2018 As we approach the end of the year, we would like to thank all staff and students for being part of the School of Education community. The dedication, commitment and great work of our staff and students have been instrumental to the School of Education’s progress and success.
- Developing leadership across schools in Bristol 6 December 2018 On the 5 December 2018, a group of participants received their certificates in the School of Education for a middle leadership course that they have competed.