Let’s talk about racism in education and international development 6 March 2018 The School of Education's Professor Leon Tikly and Sharon Walker (University of Cambridge) hosted seminar on “Questions of Race in Education and International Development”.
- Let’s talk about racism in education and international development 6 March 2018 The School of Education's Professor Leon Tikly and Sharon Walker (University of Cambridge) hosted seminar on “Questions of Race in Education and International Development”.
- SOE professional resource endorsed by the Tes Institute and Chartered College of Teaching 26 February 2018 The School of Education’s Handbook for Education Professional: The Bristol Guide continues to be recognised as an invaluable guide to the teaching profession with two highly respected endorsements.
- SOE alumni accepts BAFTA for Outstanding British Contribution to Cinema Award 19 February 2018 Former School of Education student, Dr Jonathan Wardle (Learning, Leadership and Policy EdD, 2013), accepted the BAFTA for Outstanding British Contribution to Cinema Award on behalf of National Film and Television School (NFTS).
- Master's Graduation photos on SOE social media channels 12 February 2018 You can find and download photos of our most recent graduation celebrations (Friday 9th February 2018) on our social media channels.
- Doctoral studentship applications: quality and quantity 9 February 2018 We have had an extraordinary number of high quality competitive applications for the ESRC doctoral studentships this year proposing highly contemporary cutting edge research projects.
- Dr Alf Coles discusses ways of learning and working with video on 'Inside Education' 8 February 2018 On the 7th February 2018, the School of Education’s Dr Alf Coles featured on 'Inside Education', a weekly radio programme on Dublin City Radio. The programme was titled ‘Teachers Learning from Video and the work of Caleb Gattegno’.
- SOE in successful bid with Bristol City Council & the National College for School Leadership Strategic School Improvement Fund (SSIF) 29 January 2018 The School of Education's Jon James and Sally Thomas have been involved in a successful bid with Bristol City Council and the National College for School Leadership Strategic School Improvement Fund (SSIF).
- SOE academics visit China mainland and Taiwan for the Improving Teacher Development and Educational Quality in China (ITDEQC) ESRC IAA impact project 26 January 2018 Professor Sally Thomas, Dr. Lei Zhang and PhD student Dini Jiang visited China mainland and Taiwan in November 2017 to launch the East Asian Professional Learning Community (PLC) policy brief and the East Asian PLC toolkit.
- BPS to renew accreditation of our psychology of education programmes 19 January 2018 We are delighted to report that the British Psychological Society (BPS) will be renewing the accreditation of our BSc and MSc psychology of education programmes.
- Green Apples get active for charity 18 January 2018 The Green Apple initiative aims to bring our teacher education course into dialogue with issues around global change and environmental uncertainties. This work was made possible by generous funding from the Green Apple group at the University of Bristol.