Report published about Women Professors as Intellectual Leaders 25 May 2018 Head of School, Professor Bruce Macfarlane, has a report published by the Leadership Foundation for Higher Education. The report is based on a project about women professors and the barriers to their progression within the professoriate.
- Report published about Women Professors as Intellectual Leaders 25 May 2018 Head of School, Professor Bruce Macfarlane, has a report published by the Leadership Foundation for Higher Education. The report is based on a project about women professors and the barriers to their progression within the professoriate.
- SOE host 20th anniversary of the British Association for International and Comparative Education (BAICE) 14 May 2018 On 3 May, School of Education (SoE) hosted a symposium on the theme Sustainability, Peace and Education: Exploring Promise and Practice.
- Meg Atwood nominated for Students’ Award for Outstanding Teaching, Bristol Teaching Awards 9 May 2018 Congratulations to Meg Atwood (Senior Teaching Associate), who has been shortlisted for the Students’ Award for Outstanding Teaching in the Faculty of Social Sciences and Law at the Bristol Teaching Awards.
- Hear Helen Pankhurst tell the story of women’s rights 3 May 2018 The School of Education will be proudly hosting a lecture by Dr Helen Pankhurst, granddaughter of Sylvia Pankhurst and great granddaughter of Emmeline Pankhurst, on Friday 11th May.
- Education Secretary visits School of Education for teacher training insight 12 April 2018 On Wednesday 11 April 2018, the Rt Hon Damian Hinds, the Secretary of State for Education, visited the School of Education.
- How RE lessons can reduce prejudice and improve community relations 9 April 2018 With hate crime on the rise in UK schools, researchers are calling for schools and policy makers to adopt new approaches to reduce prejudice and foster positive community relations.
- Professor Sally Thomas visits Vietnam for the Improving Teacher Development and Educational Quality in China (ITDEQC) ESRC IAA impact project 5 April 2018 On 22 March, Prof Sally Thomas gave the keynote lecture at the “Continuing Professional Development for teachers and school leaders – UK and international practice” conference, organised and hosted by the National Academy for Education Management (NAEM) and Vietnamese Ministry of Education and Training (MOET).
- Egg-cellent collection for Bristol Children’s Hospital 28 March 2018 The School of Education have had another successful year collecting Easter Eggs for the Bristol Children’s Hospital.
- Paul Howard-Jones to host seminar at Bristol Neuroscience Festival 22 March 2018 The Bristol Neuroscience Festival is back! From the 22nd – 24th March 2018 in the Will’s Memorial building, the festival will celebrate neuroscience through interactive exhibitions talks, experiments and hands on activities for all ages.
- SOE Easter Egg Charity Collection 21 March 2018 The School of Education staff have begun their annual chocolate egg collection to donate to children and families staying at Bristol Children’s Hospital over the Easter break.