PGCE alumnus William Roberts features on BBC2 documentary, ‘School’ 14 November 2018 The School of Education’s PGCE alumnus & CEO of Castle School Education Trust, William Roberts, features in the BBC2 documentary ‘School’.
- PGCE alumnus William Roberts features on BBC2 documentary, ‘School’ 14 November 2018 The School of Education’s PGCE alumnus & CEO of Castle School Education Trust, William Roberts, features in the BBC2 documentary ‘School’.
- New research project will address issues facing Colombia’s transition from conflict to peace 12 November 2018 Ten new research projects announced by UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) will address issues facing Colombia’s transition from conflict to peace. This includes a project led by academics from the University of Bristol to support community members in some of Colombia's most marginalised municipalities to produce creative pieces of memory work.
- Professor Michael Crossley delivers BAICE Anniversary Presidential Address 2 November 2018 Emeritus Professor Michael Crossley completed his year as President of the British Association of International and Comparative Education (BAICE) with the delivery of his Presidential Address at the University of York on the 13th September. His address was titled: Policy Transfer, Sustainable Development and the Contexts of Education.
- SOE students win awards for outstanding performance in first year of study 25 October 2018 Many congratulations to Eleanor Rix (BSc Education Studies), Alexandra Robinson (BSc Psychology of Education) and Leila Meredith (BSc Education Studies) for being awarded for their outstanding performance in first year study at the Faculty Scholarship and Prizes Presentation.
- Tackling Bristol’s ‘educational inequality crisis’ 8 October 2018 New research from the School of Education has confirmed that there is a shocking divide in educational opportunities for young people in Bristol depending on where they live in the city.
- Welcome to our new students! 24 September 2018 We are delighted to welcome you to the School of Education at the University of Bristol and we very much look forward to meeting you!
- SOE to co-host 'Reversing the educational inequality crisis in Bristol' event 30 August 2018 On October 9th colleagues from the School of Education are organising an evening event in City Hall (5.30 – 8.00 p.m.) to explicitly address the Bristol Learning City’s aim of increasing the participation rate in Higher Education of young people in targeted wards of the city.
- Applications open for new course, ‘Changing Education: A Pathway to Further Study’ 20 August 2018 A new course ‘Changing Education: A Pathway to Further Study’ will be taught at the School of Education, starting in October 2018.
- SOE publishes eBook edition of our Handbook for Education Professionals: The Bristol Guide 30 July 2018 Our annual publication is now available in both print from the universities online shop and, in collaboration with the Bristol University Press, as a fully interactive e-book available on Amazon and other platforms.
- Dr Shelley McKeown Jones winner of American Psychology Association Early Career Award 25 July 2018 Many congratulations to Dr Shelley McKeown Jones was one of two winners of the American Psychology Association (APA) Division 48 Ed Cairns Early Career Award.