Certificates - Current Students
At the end of your studies, you will receive a certificate, which is formal confirmation of your award.
Students on graduating course
If you have qualified for your degree and have no outstanding obligations i.e. outstanding debt, to the University, you will receive your degree at the next available graduation ceremony. Your certificate will be presented at the ceremony.
If you are unable to attend your graduation ceremony
Your certificate will be posted to you. If it does not arrive within 5 weeks please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include a signed, scanned letter confirming the certificate has been lost in the post.
Students on non-graduating courses
If you have no outstanding obligations to the University your certificate will be posted within 21 days of your award being confirmed by the Faculty Examination Board. If it has not arrived please email email@example.com and include a signed, scanned letter confirming the certificate has been lost in the post.
You must notify us within 6 months of the date of your graduation ceremony if your certificate is lost or there will be a charge of £50 for a replacement certificate.
Certificates - Replacement Certificates for Former Students
- You can only request a replacement certificate where the original document has been lost or damaged. A request for a replacement certificate is considered a declaration that the original is lost or damaged.
- We do not provide duplicate certificates, or certify or notarise copies of certificates. The Secretary's Office has information about certifying copies and notarisation.
- You must provide a scanned copy of your valid passport, driving licence or birth certificate to confirm your identity. Please email this to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Only former students can request a replacement certificate and will be posted to the address provided on the order, made through the online shop. No third party requests will be accepted. If a third party needs an award to be verified they can do this by requesting an award verification letter.
- If you have not received your certificate within six months of your graduation and you notify us within this period, you will not be charged for a replacement certificate.
- Certificates cost £50. Payment can be made by credit card or debit card through our online shop.
Requests are usually completed within 4 working days, although in busy periods and during university closure dates they may take longer. We will endevour to complete requests as soon as possible.
If we cannot provide a replacement certificate for any reason, a full refund will be given.
Cerificates can only be sent by post and cannot be sent electronically, for security reasons.
- Replacement certificates requested by post are sent by Royal Mail Signed For First Class. A signature is required on delivery. Signed For First Class delivery usually takes:
- 1–2 working days to arrive in the UK
- Up to 14 days to arrive in countries outside UK
- For an additional cost of £20, it can be sent by DHL courier service. The DHL delivery usually takes:
- 2 working days to arrive in the UK (except during UK public holidays, where it may take longer). This is the same as our standard postage.
- See delivery times to arrive in countries outside the UK on the DHL website.
- If you order both a replacement certificate and transcript, these can be ordered and posted together. Please add a note saying 'to be sent with replacement certificate' in the 'any additional information' box of your order form through the online shop.
We do not provide duplicate certificates, or certify or notarise copies of certificates. The Secretary's Office has information about certifying copies and notarisation.
Please see our Award Verification GDPR Statement (PDF, 287kB)