The Cleft Collective cohort studies will investigate the biological and environmental causes of cleft, the best treatments for cleft and the psychological impact of cleft on those affected and their families.
In the future our research will help answer the three key questions that families ask:
- What has caused my child’s cleft?
- What are the best treatments for my child?
- Will my child be OK (both now and in the longer term)?
- 4,000 participants recruited to date 31 October 2016
- Health Professionals invited to participate in cleft lip/palate interview study 9 September 2016
- Opportunities and Challenges in Establishing a Cohort Study 24 May 2016