A new campus for Bristol
Temple Quarter Enterprise Campus offers an opportunity to reimagine the future of our University as one of the world's great civic universities.
It will not only provide economic growth and job creation for the region, but will allow us to develop a new relationship with the city, new educational and research opportunities, and secure the University's future for generations to come.
Innovation will be at the heart of our new campus. From driverless cars and highly secure systems, to the future of work, our graduates will tackle the challenges of tomorrow. Work on the campus will benefit Bristol and will be shared with cities around the world.
Located in the heart of the city in one of Europe’s biggest regeneration programmes, the campus will help transform a neglected area into a vibrant new quarter of the city.
Independent, inventive and enterprising, the city and university together offer the combination of skills and attributes that make Bristol a vital centre for transformative innovation.
- We will build a campus that's at the forefront of digital and business research, education, skills and innovation.
- Our building designs will be forward-thinking with inspiring spaces for teaching, learning, research, living, working and relaxing.
- We will put economic, social and environmental sustainability at the heart of our campus.
- Our campus will be a centre of interdisciplinary creativity for staff, students and new collaborators.
- We will work with local communities, employers, and public services to create a campus that's embedded in the life of the city.
- We will create new public walking, cycling and bus routes, and encourage staff and students to leave their cars at home.
Connecting with business, the city and our communities
We are working with businesses, government, local organisations and communities to develop our plans.
Businesses will be co-located with us on the campus. They will partner with us on cutting-edge research projects and have access to expertise, learning, equipment and talent. Our students will take on real-world challenges connecting with businesses and enterprises and working across disciplines.
The campus offers an opportunity to connect with our communities in new ways, offering new public spaces, facilities and educational opportunities. Social enterprises and community organisations will also work with us to tackle issues that matter to our local communities.
Location and plans
The campus will be located in the heart of the city, on the east side of Bristol Temple Meads station. Since we secured conditional outline planning permission in July 2018, we have worked with communities, businesses, Bristol City Council and the West of England Combined Authority to shape our plans.
- Phase one public consultation: student residential accommodation
- Residential accommodation Reserved Matters Planning application submission due
- Phase two public consultation: academic buildings and public spaces
- Academic buildings Reserved Matters Planning application submission due
- Work starts on site
- Anticipated campus opening
Further information is available on the planning, construction, development, impact, traffic and parking.