A place to do things differently and create a better future
We’re developing a new world-leading campus in the heart of Bristol. It’ll allow us to develop new relationships in the city and reimagine our future as one of the world’s great civic universities.
Temple Quarter Enterprise Campus will focus on digital, business and social innovation. Bringing together a critical mass of world-class academic, industrial and entrepreneurial expertise, we’ll innovate at scale and shape the skills we need for the future.
The new campus provides us with an opportunity to create new partnerships and research collaborations that will have national and global significance. It’ll be a key venue for the UK digital economy, enhancing Bristol’s reputation as a global destination for innovation and strengthening the city-region’s role as an economic powerhouse.
The campus will be car free and the most sustainable part of our estate, helping to achieve our ambition to become carbon neutral by 2030. The public realm will be an open and welcoming space for everyone to enjoy.
As an anchor investment in one of the UK's largest regeneration schemes, the development will:
- help to create a new inclusive city district in Temple quarter
- join the city centre to the east of Bristol with new walking and cycling paths
- deliver an estimated £626m of employment and financial benefit to the regional economy over the next decade
A programme of social and cultural events extending into evenings and weekends is being developed to help make the campus a lively place. As part of this, we’ll work with partners to offer a range of additional activities including:
- professional education and workshops on future challenges
- public lectures and business networking events
- evening classes for our students and our communities
- leisure activities such as yoga or language classes
- students’ union organised gigs, film screenings and comedy
- Residential accommodation Reserved Matters Planning application approved
- Academic buildings Reserved Matters Planning application approved
- Work starts on site
- Anticipated campus opening
Our campus is a catalyst for sustainable and inclusive development. Find out more about one of the largest urban regeneration projects in the UK.