If you missed our June and September open days, our open afternoons are the perfect way to explore your subject, tour the campus and discover more about student life at the University of Bristol.
You can now download the Open afternoon programme 2017 (PDF, 874kB)
Open afternoons give you the chance to:
- attend a 'Welcome to Bristol' talk to learn more about the University and student life;
- tour the campus with a current student and hear, first hand, about their experiences of studying at Bristol;
- visit our exhibition stands, where you can gather information and meet staff from different teams, including accommodation, admissions and student funding;
- take a look around some of our student accommodation;
- speak to representatives from faculties.
Accessible tours are available for visitors with restricted mobility or wheelchair users.
How to book
All visitors must book a place to attend the open afternoon.
There are different subject streams within each open afternoon. If you cannot attend the open afternoon featuring your chosen subject, you are welcome to attend another open afternoon, but you will not be able to speak to anyone from your faculty.
Book your place
- Wednesday 25 October: Biomedical Sciences, Health Sciences, Engineering and Science faculties
- Wednesday 8 November: Arts, and Social Sciences and Law faculties
Once you've made your booking we will send you confirmation and further information by email.
If your chosen date is fully booked, please keep checking the website as places may become available due to cancellations. Alternatively, you can book onto one of our student-led campus tours.
Open afternoons are intended to give a general introduction to the University; although faculty representatives will be available for you to talk to, you will not be able to visit any academic departments. The opportunity to visit academic departments will be at our applicant interviews and visit days.