The University of Bristol is committed to the diversification of our postgraduate student body. We recognise the value of a varied cohort, and want to encourage people from a range of backgrounds to apply for postgraduate study with us. The Access Postgrad scheme aims to increase applications to postgraduate programmes at the University of Bristol from prospective students who have, historically, been less likely to pursue postgraduate study with us.
Access Postgrad scheme
As a prospective postgraduate student, you may have reservations about the time, skills and resources needed to access postgraduate study. The Access Postgrad scheme provides peer mentoring and skills development sessions to help current University of Bristol undergraduates decide whether postgraduate study is right for them.
The time commitment for the programme is 16 hours:
- 4 x one-hour peer mentoring sessions
- 3 x half-day skills development sessions
Those taking part in the scheme will also have access to optional extras such as teaching sampling, social activities and more.
Access Postgrad bursary
We understand that a key concern in accessing postgraduate study is financial support. Therefore, those who successfully complete the programme and enrol on a postgraduate taught programme with us in 2019 will be awarded a small bursary to assist with fees (terms and conditions apply, contact email@example.com for full details).
To be considered for the Access Postgrad scheme you must be:
- a final-year undergraduate student at the University of Bristol
- a home fee paying student
- interested in studying at postgraduate taught level with us in 2019
Applicants will be selected based on criteria the University has identified as central to widening participation on our postgraduate programmes. As part of the selection process, we will take the following into consideration:
- parent/guardian education
- receipt of maintenance grant at undergraduate level
- dependents/caring responsibilities
- participation in undergraduate access programmes
- programme of interest at postgraduate taught level
- statement in application form
How to apply
Applications will open on 1 October 2018 and close on 15 October 2018. For further information on the scheme, including how to apply, please email the Postgraduate Recruitment team: firstname.lastname@example.org.