These Leadership masterclasses, facilitated by both internal and external experts, have been designed to support staff in senior leadership roles and provide an opportunity for you to refresh or refine your skills in key areas which you will be facing within your role. Masterclasses take place periodically throughout the academic year.
Who are the masterclasses aimed at?
The sessions are open to academic and Professional Services staff who are leading large areas of activity, for example, Deans, Divisional Heads, Faculty/School Managers, Heads of Schools, and Faculty Research/Education Directors. We will be in touch with these groups directly to invite them to book onto the sessions.
If you are unsure if the masterclasses are applicable to you please do not hesitate to get in touch to check.
The sessions will run for two hours.
Previous masterclass topics include
- Powerful conversations that transform with Sarah Lincoln, communications consultant and role-play facilitator
- The Resilient Leader with Fabienne Vailes, Author of "The Flourishing Student" and Language Director at UoB & co-hosted by members of leadership development staff
- Collaborative leadership: How to build stronger relationships. handle healthy conflict and share control with David Archer, Partner at Socia
- Organisational Stuckness with Alastair Work, Advance HE
- Lost in Translation: Leadership and Communications with Alicia O'Grady, Director of External Relations
- Leading from a Growth Mindset with Rich Cook, Founder and Director of Mindset Practice
- Strategy and Planning in Higher Education with Steve Chadwick, Director of Strategy, Planning and Change
- Leading and Managing Change with Tracy Hayler, Head of Change Management
- The Balanced University Leader with Professor Hugh Kearns
- Authority, Influence and Impact with VOX Coaching