Female Leadership Initiative (FLi)
The Female Leadership Initiative development programme is relevant for those individuals who are seeking opportunities for progression and promotion. Its aim is to support those who identify as women, to develop their sense of personal agency and impact and build strong networks to support their development and career progression.
About the programme
The programme aims to address the underrepresentation of women at senior levels in the sector. It not only considers individual impact but also how to develop an authentic leadership style that works towards an inclusive and progressive workplace culture.
FLi offers participants the opportunity to explore their personal development and growth, develop confidence and self-awareness of their leadership capabilities and help provide clarity and self-reflection on future career goals. Using the concept of emotional intelligence to recognise how they understand themselves and relate to others, participants will identify ways to build strategies for developing personal resilience, and create strong, supportive networks that will sustain them during and beyond the duration of the programme.
The Action Learning sets will provide the space to tackle specific leadership challenges and develop coaching skills. The workshops will build upon the peer network as new ideas are explored and discussed together.
This modular programme, taking place over six months, will incorporate specific cohort sessions, Action Learning Sets and plenary sessions. There will be some self-directed learning and presessional work to be undertaken between modules. Participants also take part in a reflective learning session typically 6 months after the programme closes.
Participants will have the opportunity to stand back from their daily challenges, gain perspective on how they are leading and spark inspiration for doing things differently.
The Action Learning Sets will provide the confidential space to tackle specific leadership challenges and develop individuals’ coaching skills. The cohort sessions will build on creating a strong peer network as ideas are explored and discussed together.
Individuals will benefit from the programme by
- Developing and building upon their own leadership style
- Identifying and challenging the structural and cultural barriers in working towards an inclusive and progressive workplace
- Developing self-awareness and awareness of how they tend to relate to others using the concept of Emotional Intelligence and other tools
- Identifying ways to build strategies for developing personal resilience
- Creating strong, supportive networks that will sustain them during and beyond the duration of the programme
- Identifying and honing career goals and ways to achieve them
- Hearing insights from the field of leadership development and apply learning to individual’s specific context