In addition to our extended development programmes we offer masterclasses, supporting the development of research impact, and industry collaboration.
The Enterprise Masterclasses
The purpose of these masterclasses is to provide attendees with insights into industry and Enterprise and to provide skills development to support better communication and collaboration with external partners.
We’d like to invite members of our academic community, and also any professional services staff, who are already collaborating with or looking to engage with industry partners, to attend these masterclasses.
Our previous masterclasses featured the following guest speakers:
- Rowena Innocent, Senior Vice President for Engineering at Ultraleap
- Anike Te, CSO of Lucideon
- Venura Perera, Director of Innovation and Development Allianz Personal
- Lincoln Wallen, Chief Technical Officer, Improbable
- Martina Trucco, Vice President, Corporate Marketing, Clari
- Dr Mike Short CBE, Chief Scientific Adviser, Department for International Trade
You can find recordings for the majority of these sessions in Develop. Please search for “masterclasses” in the Catalogue and enrol.
Previous attendees have said these were the skills and insights they gained from attending the masterclasses:
- The session helped me to think about how to frame the research concepts I am involved with in a way that industrial partners can understand and appreciate.
- Really helpful insights about how important it is to understand different perspectives when working on collaborative projects.
- The importance of networking.
- Ensuring clarity of intentions and communications at every stage.
- The concept of radical transparency.
- Recognising value, ethics and differences in culture.
You can enrol for the Masterclasses in Develop.
If you have any questions, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a member of University Staff or a PhD student you can enrol for the Masterclasses in Develop.
If you are external to the University, please contact us: email@example.com
You can view previous Masterclass recordings in Develop.
Our next Enterprise Masterclass is on Monday 15 April between 14:00-16:00 with Richard Haycock, CEO and founder of QantX and will be bookable via Develop in the coming weeks.