Information and resources for Steering Groups
All areas of England are covered by a local LeDeR steering group. Steering groups are responsible for the LeDeR programme in that area and ensuring that any learning, recommendation and actions arising from reviews of deaths are considered and taken forward, as appropriate, using locally agreed governance structures.
Purpose / role of the local steering group
- To receive regular updates from the Local Area Contact about the progress and findings of reviews.
- To ensure that any learning, recommendation and actions arising from reviews of deaths are considered and taken forward, as appropriate, using locally agreed governance structures.
- To work in partnership with the Local Area Contact(s):
- To support the initial review of all deaths of people with learning disabilities (aged 4 years and over) in their area, and more detailed multiagency reviews of those for whom it is indicated.
- To help interpret and analyse the data submitted from local reviews, including areas of good practice in preventing premature mortality, and areas where improvements in practice could be made.
- To ensure that the data is appropriately handled to ensure security and confidentiality in line with the programme’s CAG S251 approval.
- To share anonymised case reports pertaining to deaths or significant adverse events relating to people with learning disabilities for publication in the LeDeR Programme repository in order to contribute to collective understanding of learning points and recommendations across cases.