Bristol 10K 2020
Get up, get together, get active
We're teaming up again with the Great Run Company and Bristol SU to participate in the Great Bristol 10K on Sunday 3 May 2020.
Never run before? No worries! The Great Bristol 10K is for everyone, from complete beginners to elite athletes. Taking part is a great way to get active and support your physical and mental health. Social running is a great way to boost your mood.
We are offering heavily discounted entry for students and staff when you sign up via this page, a free limited edition performance t-shirt (RRP £19.99) to wear during the run, and exclusive access to our couch-to-10k package:
Let's do this together
Sign up with friends and colleagues to make the most of a package of activities and resources, all of which are included in the cost of your entry fee.
- Join one of our social running groups to support your 10K journey and meet people from across the University and SU, including students and staff. You can choose a run group aimed at your ability, led by a friendly, England Athletics Certified Run Leader.
- Get access to a selection of Training Plans online to help you prepare for race day.
- Explore inspiring case studies from our community, describing personal journeys where exercise has brought real benefits to the lives of our students, staff and alumni.
- New to running? Join in with the 5K fun run on Sunday 22 March 2020 at Coombe Dingle Sports Complex. It's a great first test of your fitness and support for your training.
- Join our social media community to connect, share training experiences, advice and top tips.
Show your support
If you’re not taking part, we need you too! Come and cheer on your friends and colleagues at the official University Cheer Points along the 10K harbourside route. Sunday 3 May will see local communities come together, from all backgrounds and running abilities, to take part. Explore our beautiful city, take in iconic landmarks along the route and enjoy the sights and sounds of the bustling harbourside during the race.
Our 10k runners can go the extra mile and combine their training with fundraising for the University of Bristol’s Healthy Minds programme. Support your own mental and physical wellbeing whilst raising funds to support the wellbeing of our students.
Physical activity has been proven to boost mood and reduce feelings of anxiety, stress and depression, and this idea is at the heart of Healthy Minds: it utilises the proven benefits of exercise to support Bristol students affected by mental health difficulties.
When you sign up to be one of our 10k fundraisers, you’ll gain access to an online community and receive regular fundraising tips and support from our 10k team. It’s easy to find out more and get started – just go to our campaign page on JustGiving and click ‘start fundraising’. Thank you for supporting student mental health!
Join our group on Facebook for updates and tips
S – 36-38 inch chest
M – 38-40 inch chest
L – 40-42 inch chest
XL – 42-44 inch chest
Details coming soon
Improving mental health through activity