Forum for Czech and Slovak Studies
The Forum for Czech and Slovak Studies in the UK is a research network which brings together arts, humanities and social sciences researchers working on Czech- and/or Slovak-related matters in the UK. It was originally founded in 2001 by Dr Pavel Seifter, then the Czech ambassador to the UK. The Forum is affiliated as a study group to the British Association for Slavonic and East European Studies (BASEES) and is run by a small steering group of researchers from Bristol, Cardiff, Glasgow, Oxford, Sheffield, Southampton and UCL (see under ‘UK Researchers in Czech and Slovak’ for contacts). The steering group members represent a variety of disciplines.
Our aims are:
- to act as a key hub of support and coordination for those working on Czech or Slovak studies in the UK, from graduate students to established scholars.
- to assist in connecting researchers, whether for quick enquiries or longer-term collaboration, and provide information for those beginning study of the region, planning research trips, or seeking language training or support.
- to provide details about UK centres of Czech and/or Slovak studies in the UK, about current research projects, funding opportunities and counterpart networks.
- to act as a point of contact for those involved in the wider support and promotion of Czech- and Slovak-related activities and events.
- to develop and foster interaction with individual researchers, research groups and institutions in the Czech and Slovak Republics.
- to develop and foster relationships with comparable research networks elsewhere in Europe, North America and beyond.
For forthcoming events, including our next national study day, please go to Events.
For more information and to join our mailing list, please contact Dr Julia Sutton-Mattocks on firstname.lastname@example.org