Research in this programme is concerned with organisational approaches to promoting health and well-being in nurseries, schools and other youth settings.
School Health Research
- NAP SAAC UK: A feasibility cluster randomised controlled trial in child care settings to increase physical activity and healthy eating in 2-4 year olds
- PLAN-A: harnesses the power of influential girls in Year 8 to get the rest of their year group moving
- Project Respect: a school-based intervention to prevent dating and relationship violence among young people
- A cluster randomised controlled trial to test the effectiveness of an educational hand washing intervention (Hands up for Max!) in reducing absenteeism in primary schools
- The WHO health promoting school framework for improving the health and well-being of students and staff