The Department of Philosophy runs an active program of events, with weekly research seminars, work in progress sessions, and regular conferences and workshops.
The department research seminar is our central weekly event covering topics across the discipline. Students are encouraged to attend, and we would usually have tea and coffee to chat to the speaker and each other.
We also run two weekly work-in-progress sessions, one general one, and one specifically for the postgraduate students to have an opportunity to present and discuss their research.
There are then numerous specialised research seminar series and reading groups. Most weeks contain multiple events to attend.
We also regularly host major international workshops and conferences.
You may wish to find out more by browsing our pages summarising the events held in the previous years
Highlights of Upcoming Events
- Time and Causality, featuring Black Holes 9 August 2022, 3.00 PM - 9 August 2022, 5.00 PM Sam Fletcher, Minnesota Verdon-Smith Room, Royal Fort House, University of Bristol
- SIPTA Summer School (hosted by EPIMP project) 15 August 2022, 12.00 AM - 19 August 2022, 11.59 PM
- Truthmaking, Semantical Grounding, and Paradoxes Workshop 22 August 2022, 12.00 AM - 23 August 2022, 11.59 PM
- The Meaning(s) of ‘True’ Conference 5 September 2022, 12.00 AM - 6 September 2022, 11.59 PM
- The 7th annual Society for the Metaphysics of Science Conference 6 September 2022, 12.00 AM - 8 September 2022, 11.59 PM
You might also be interested in other events at the Faculty of Arts: see all Faculty events.
To subscribe to this in your own calendar: