How to apply
Application to Destination Vet is now open and spaces are limited. Decisions will be made on a rolling basis, so don't delay your application!
Applications for Destination Vet 2018 have now closed.
How to apply
As part of the online application, you must submit:
- an academic reference from a teacher
- a short statement of around 250 words to explain why you are applying for the summer school
Before you apply please make sure you meet the below entry criteria.
To apply for the Destination Vet summer school, you must be:
- Interested in studying a degree in Veterinary Science
- Currently studying Biology and Chemistry
- 16 years old or over
The Destination Vet programme is aimed at international students interested in a career in Veterinary Science, although we do welcome applicants from the UK.
If English is not your first language, or you are not normally taught in English, you must provide an IELTS at a minimum of 6.5.
Summer school fees
When you accept a place on the summer school you will be asked to pay at least 50% of the programme fee as a deposit to secure your place.
The full fee for the Destination Vet summer school is £2,250 and must be paid in full by 1 June 2018. You can pay the fee and the deposit online.
The fee includes the following costs:
- All tuition and course materials
- Catered accommodation
- Travel to and from all activities
- Full social programme, including weekend trips
- Welcome service at Heathrow or Bristol airport and transfer to accommodation on Sunday 15 July 2018
- Drop-off service at Heathrow or Bristol airport on Saturday 28 July 2018
It does not include the following:
- International travel to and from the UK
- Welcome and drop-off service outside of scheduled hours and locations (this can be arranged at an extra cost)
- Travel or medical insurance
- Visa costs
- Personal spending money
- Food or snacks outside meal times