How to apply
To apply for the Biomedical Sciences Lab Summer School you will need to submit a short online application. Our online application is now live.
Applications will be processed on a rolling basis. Spaces are limited and the application will close on 30 April 2018 at the latest.
As part of the online application, you must submit:
- an academic letter of reference;
- a short statement of around 250 words to explain why you are applying for the summer school.
You must make sure you meet the entry criteria. If you have any questions before submitting your application, please email us at email@example.com.
Applicants must be:
- currently registered at a university and studying for a biomedical sciences or related degree (such as biology, zoology or medicine);
- interested in a career in biomedical sciences research or medicine;
- 18 years old or over;
- currently achieving good academic grades.
The programme is aimed at international students, although we do welcome applicants from the UK.
If English is not your first language, or you are not normally taught in English, you must provide an IELTS at a minimum of 6.5, with no individual band scoring less than 6.0.
Summer school fees
The fee for the Biomedical Sciences Lab Summer School is £2,850 and must be paid in full by 1 June 2018.
When you accept a place on the summer school you will be asked to pay at least 50% of the programme fee as a deposit to secure your place. You can pay the fee and the deposit online.
The fee includes the following costs:
- all tuition and course materials;
- catered accommodation, including breakfast and evening meal;
- travel to and from all activities;
- social programme, including weekend trips.
It does not include:
- international travel to and from the UK;
- travel to the University (details of how to get here can be found on our maps page);
- travel or medical insurance;
- visa costs;
- personal spending money;
- lunch or snacks.
Tel: +44 (0)117 39 40207