Immerse yourself in the lab and in the city around you. Learn new techniques, gain new research skills and expand your horizons with our comprehensive three-week programme.
- All tuition and course materials.
- Catered single-room accommodation, with breakfast and evening meals throughout the programme.
- Supportive student mentors on call 24-7 and available to help with your questions and activities.
- An exciting social programme, including weekend trips.
- Several meals at restaurants across Bristol and as part of your weekend trips.
- Transfers within Bristol from the coach or train station to residence.
What’s not included
- International travel to and from the UK.
- Travel to Bristol (useful information can be found here).
- Travel or medical insurance.
- Visa costs if applicable.
- Personal spending money.
To be eligible for our Biomedical Sciences Lab Summer School you must match the following entry criteria. This programme is designed for international students but we also welcome applications from the UK.
You must be
- Studying a degree in biomedical sciences or subjects aligned to medicine
- Hold a GPA equivalent to a 3.0 on the US scale
- Aged 18 years or over
- Registered at a university
- If English is not your first language, or you are not normally taught in English, you must provide an IELTS (or equivalent) with a minimum 6.5 and with no band under 6
To apply you will be asked to submit
- An up-to-date transcript or an academic reference from an instructor
- A short statement of around 250 words to explain why you are are good candidate and why you are applying to the summer school
- A scanned copy of the photo page of your passport or another form of photo ID
- Evidence of your English-language skills (if relevant)
Please note that the programme fee must be paid in full by 1st June 2019. If you accept a place on the programme you will be asked to pay 50% of the total programme fee immediately (payable on line) to secure your place.
Applications for our 2019 summer school will open in November 2018.
The Biomedical Sciences Lab Summer School will run from 21 July - 10 August 2019.
If you have any questions please email: email@example.com.
Tel: +44 (0)117 4283070