A summer school with a difference: days on site, working directly with the archaeological landscape, are complemented by a social programme that helps you explore this vibrant and historic part of England.
If you have any questions, please get in touch.
The following are included in the summer school fee:
- All tuition, site-costs, excavation materials, and a transcript
- Transport to and from site as required
- Single-room accommodation in a University of Bristol residence
- Breakfast and evening meals, and packed lunches on site days
- Supportive student mentors to help with your questions and activities, on call 24-7
- An exciting social programme including weekend day trips
- Arrivals and departures day transfers within Bristol from the airport, coach or Temple Meads train station
You will need to cover:
- International travel to and from the UK
- Travel within the UK to Bristol (useful information can be found here)
- Transfers within Bristol outside of arrivals and departures days
- Travel or medical insurance
- Visa costs, if applicable
- Personal spending money
This programme is designed for international students primarily, but we welcome applications from the UK. To be considered for admission for our Archaeology Field Summer School you must:
- Be aged 18 years or over and currently studying your first degree (undergraduate degree)
- Hold a GPA equivalent to a 3.0 on the US scale, 60-63% on the UK scale, or C on the ECTS scale. If you have any questions about this please contact our team: email@example.com
If English is not your first language, or you are not normally taught in English, you must provide proof of your English-language ability. You can see the English-language tests and levels we accept by clicking the 'English Language Proficiency Tests accepted' tab here. If you took the CET-4 or CET-6 exams, please contact us to discuss the scores we will accept.
How to apply
To complete the application process, you will need to provide the following. If you don't have them to hand, you can submit your application form now and we will request these documents later.
- An up-to-date university transcript
- A short statement of around 250 words explaining why you a are good candidate and why you are applying to the summer school
- A scanned copy of the photo page of your passport
- Evidence of your English-language skills (if relevant).
This summer school is a field-based programme so please be aware of the following:
- This summer school includes physically demanding excavations on a full-time basis
- You may be asked to work outside in varied weather conditions
- You must follow all directions as to site safety and protocol at the risk of being asked to leave site
- You will be asked to provide suitable clothing and footwear.
Please contact us if you have any questions about the above, or if you have concerns about the physical nature of this summer school.
Please note that the programme fee must be paid in full by 1 June 2020. If you accept a place on the programme you will be asked to pay 50% of the total programme fee immediately (payable online) to secure your place.