Find below details of how you can get involved in the Centre's work.
Visiting fellows programme
We welcome applications for international visiting fellows from those at all levels – whether early stage or senior academic – wishing to work with us, for periods of between two weeks and 12 months. We are particularly keen to hear from applicants whose interests cut across all elements of the centre's research, and can:
- support the centre's profile as an international hub
- deepen, accelerate or extend our research agenda and objectives, or
- enhance and/or contribute to the centre's research and engagement capabilities.
Applications will be assessed in relation to these objectives, alongside considerations related to resources required to facilitate the visit, including space, tools, staff time, and costs. As such, we encourage applicants to identify funding source(s) before applying to our visiting fellows programme, particularly for visits beyond three months – we can provide examples of schemes that can be approached for funding (email email@example.com) but, as we are a small team, you will need to identify a relevant sponsor and arrange funding yourself.
Note that we need a statement of intent only regarding external funding at this stage; you should apply to the visiting fellows scheme for approval first, before finalising.
In some circumstances, it might be possible for us to provide limited financial support for specific costs such as travel and accommodation only for a period of two to 12 weeks. However, we urge you to explore other sources of funding, if you need it, in the first instance.
This is currently an open call for visiting fellows from both the UK and overseas, but we will also run themed calls from time to time – please check this page (and connect with us on Twitter and LinkedIn) to find out about topic-specific calls and deadlines when they open.
How to apply
If you are interested in joining us as a visitor, complete this visiting fellows application form (Office document, 49kB), giving consideration to:
- the purpose of your visit, your planned activities and how they will contribute to the centre's research;
- what you will learn and your visit will enhance your own research agenda;
- how you will collaborate with colleagues across the centre, both now and in the future, in addition to any collaborative work outside of the centre;
- any funding you need to support your visit, and how you will secure it;
- space, staff time and other resources (such as IT) that you need, and how you might use them to maximum effect.
You will also need to provide a brief 'nomination statement' from an academic researcher in the centre, supporting the visit and committing to host and facilitate both cross-centre integration and post-visit collaboration.
Send your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about our visiting fellows scheme or if you need to discuss funding (including support from the centre for limited and specific costs), email email@example.com.