Bristol Cyber Security Group
The University of Bristol Cyber Security Group is part of the Academic Centre of Excellence in Cyber Security Research (ACE-CSR) at Bristol. The group’s research focuses on three over-arching but interlinked strands: security of cyber-physical infrastructures, software security and human behaviours.
The Group participates in several major initiatives, including leading projects as part of the Research Institute on Science of Cyber Security (RISCS) and the Research Institute on Trustworthy Cyber-Physical Systems (RITICS), co-leading the Security and Safety stream within the UK Research Hub on Cyber Security of Internet of Things and leading the programme of work on developing a Cyber Security Body of Knowledge (CyBOK).
Jobs with BCSG:
- Centre Manager: Centre for Doctoral Training in Trust, Identity, Privacy and Security in Large-Scale Infrastructures [View role]
- Research Associate: Cyber Security of Industrial Control Systems [View role]
- Research Associate: Organisational Ethnography of Cyber Security Practices [View role]
Selected research activity:
- Artificial Intelligence could help to foil online dating scams [View article]
- EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training (CDT) in Cyber Security launched at University of Bristol [CDT website]
- Robert Larson talks about online social engineering and how phishing attacks are becoming more sophisticated. [View the interview on the UoB Engineering blog]
- Interviewed as part of 'Bristol Faces', Awais Rashid, Professor of Cyber Security at University of Bristol's School of Computer Science, talks about his work. [View the interview on Facebook]
Events and seminars
Cyber Security Seminar: Incidents are meant for learning, not repeating.
27 November 2019, 3.00 PM
Cyber Security Seminar: Secure Auditing of Internet Services
4 December 2019, 2.00 PM