- CoSEM CDT student awarded Hexcel project prize 27 February 2024 PhD student Jan Maurycy Uszko has been awarded the Hexcel prize for his 3-month research project.
- Bristol Composites Institute celebrates its February 2024 graduates 21 February 2024 The Bristol Composites Institute applauds the success of all its recent graduates.
- CoSEM CDT and National Institute of Aerospace renew Memorandum of Understanding 14 February 2024 The Centre for Doctoral Training in Composites Science, Engineering and Manufacturing (CoSEM CDT) and National Institute of Aerospace (NIA) have renewed their commitment to collaborate on advanced composite research and education.
- ACCIS CDT alumnus' work published in prestigious interdisciplinary journal 6 February 2024 Dr. Hernaldo Mendoza Nava has had his PhD research published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
- CoSEM CDT student receives prize from GKN Aerospace 3 January 2024 PhD student Jacopo Lavazza has been awarded the GKN Aerospace prize for the ‘Best Taught Mark in the CoSEM CDT Taught Component'.
- CoSEM CDT 2022 Design, Build and Test (DBT) video 15 December 2023 This new video from the CoSEM CDT presents the work of the 2022 cohort as they undertake their ‘DBT’ project.
- CoSEM CDT students visit GKN Aerospace 4 December 2023 During the visit, students heard from GKN staff, and had a tour of the Global Technology Centre
- BCI & NCC 2023 Annual Conference 1 December 2023 On 16 November the Bristol Composites Institute (BCI) welcomed over 150 guests to the 2023 BCI & NCC Annual Conference, titled "Composites of the Future: Tomorrow's Materials and Applications"
- International workshop on the fracture toughness of composites 14 November 2023 Professors Michael Wisnom of Bristol Composites Institute, Yentl Swolfs of KU Leuven and Federico Paris of the University of Seville hosted an online workshop on Composite Fracture on 14th November.
- CoSEM CDT students showcase composites at the FUTURES Schools Research Fair 24 October 2023 CoSEM CDT students introduce school children to concepts of composite materials via a series of interactive demonstrations
Browse the latest articles from our students and staff.