Year in Industry
The Year in Industry provides you with an opportunity to engage with enthusiastic and knowledgeable students who can make a valuable contribution to your company. For students it offers professional engagement in a structured and supervised environment, building upon the knowledge and skills gained during their first two years of study.
Our students on the following programmes are able to apply to take a 9-12 month placement in the third year of their course:
- MEng Aerospace Engineering
- MEng Civil Engineering
- MEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- MEng Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
- MEng Engineering Mathematics
- MEng Mechanical Engineering
Benefits to you
- Helps you to identify talent early on, to support future recruitment.
- Students can bring new perspectives and ideas when undertaking projects and tasks.
- Raises your company profile with both students and academics, to support potential future collaborations.
- We advertise and promote placement opportunities.
- We can support the application process on your behalf.
- Students should receive a salary between £17000-£23000 pro rata.
- Students should be allocated an industrial supervisor to support them during their placement.
Preparations are underway for our 2021 Year in Industry scheme.
If you are interested in participating in the scheme, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about last year's application and recruitment processes, please refer to our Year in Industry Information for Employers 2019 (PDF, 131kB) and Year in Industry Employer form 2020-21 (Office document, 62kB).