Bristol Composites Institute (ACCIS) Conference 2018
Bill Brown Design Suite, Queen's Building, University of Bristol
The 2018 Bristol Composites Institute (ACCIS) Conference will be held on 22 November 2018. Register on Eventbrite here.
09.30 Coffee and registration
10.15 Welcome and introduction - Professor Michael Wisnom, Director, Bristol Composites Institute (ACCIS)
Guest speaker Professor Ole Thomsen, University of Southampton: "Challenging the testing pyramid - towards an improved approach to design, validation and certification of composite structures"
Presentations from academic staff:
- Professor Stephen Hallett – Update on Structures Research
- Dr Giuliano Allegri: “Failure in Composites - Filling Knowledge Gaps”
Manufacturing & Design
- Professor Kevin Potter – Update on Manufacturing & Design Research
- Dr Sonya Rusnakova – “Composites Manufacturing in View of Composite Revolution 4.0”
NCC Technology Pull-Through Programme - Quick-fire presentations, introduced by Dr Giuseppe Dell'Anno, NCC
ACCIS Researchers - Quick-fire presentations, introduced by Dr James Kratz
12.30 Networking lunch and poster display
14.00 Presentations from post-doctoral researchers and PhD students:
Session 1 (chaired by Dr Michael Elkington and Dr Jonathan Belnoue)
- Dr Jonathan Belnoue SIMPROCS: The Bristol Composite Institute process modelling vehicle
- Dr JuhYeong Lee HiPerDiF: A sustainable route to the next generation of composites
- Dr Michael Elkington The EPSRC Future Manufacturing hub: Projects overview
- Dr Vaclav Ondra Shape Adaptive Blades for Rotorcraft Efficiency (SABRE): Introduction
- Dr Stephane Fournier SABRE: Development of camber morphing helicopter blades
- Dr Vaclav Ondra SABRE: Application of an active tendon in rotorcraft
Session 2 (chaired by Dr Marco Longana and Dr Ian Gent)
- Aakash Paul Residual tensile strength of adhesively bonded double lap joints after transverse impact
- Putu Suwarta Pseudo-ductility of unidirectional thin ply hybrid composites in longitudinal compression
- Rita Palumbo A multi-scale-reinforced sandwich panel for vibroacoustic applications
- Jiajia Shen Virtual testing of experimental continuation using arclength approach
- Dr Alexis Kordolemis Estimation of microstructural lengths through homogenization of corrugated panels
This is a free event but please register your attendance on Eventbrite here.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.