Previous prize winners
Our annual prize ceremony recognises and celebrates student talent and contributions.
The Engineering Faculty Industrial Liaison Office connects students with industry.
Final year prizes
- Bechtel Industrial Project Group Prize - £100 to each student in the fourth year group with the highest average for its project.
- Bechtel Industrial Individual Prize - £200 to a final year student for individual merit on a group project.
- Crown Packaging Prize - £500 split between the final year students who have accomplished most in their projects with due regard to their examination record. This prize is awarded on the recommendation of the Head of Department.
- Hele-Shaw Prize - final year students in any department with a good academic record or social record which has not otherwise been covered.
- Institute of Nuclear Engineers South West Project Prize - £500 split between the final year group with the highest average for a project relevant to the nuclear field.
- Wertheimer Memorial Prize - to final year students who have made the best contribution to the life of the Faculty and of their fellow students.
Institution of Mechanical Engineers final year prizes
- IMechE: The Project Award - for the best individual project.
- IMechE: Best Student Certificate - for the best students on each ImechE-accredited programme.
- IMechE: Best Project Certificate - for the students submitting the best project in each ImechE-accredited programme.
- IMechE: Frederic Barnes Waldron Best Student Prize (Western Region) - for the best Mechanical Engineering Student.