Mechanical Engineering Graduation Prizes
Our annual prize ceremony recognises and celebrates student talent and contributions.
The Engineering Faculty Industrial Liaison Office connects students with industry.
Final year prizes
- Bechtel Industrial Project Group Prize - £100 to each student in the fourth year group with the highest average for its project.
- Bechtel Industrial Individual Prize - £200 to a final year student for individual merit on a group project.
- Crown Packaging Prize - £500 Amazon Gift Vouchers split between final year students who have shown a strong commitment to entrepreneurial enterprise and volunteering.
- Hele-Shaw Prize - final year students in any department with a good academic record or social record which has not otherwise been covered.
- Institute of Nuclear Engineers South West Project Prize - £500 split between the final year group with the highest average for a project relevant to the nuclear field.
- Wertheimer Memorial Prize - to final year students who have made the best contribution to the life of the Faculty and of their fellow students.
- Bristol Association of Engineers Prize - £150 to final year students in any engineering department. Awarded for charitable work within an engineering field.
Institution of Mechanical Engineers final year prizes
- IMechE: The Project Award - for the best individual project.
- IMechE: Best Student Certificate - for the best students on each ImechE-accredited programme.
- IMechE: Best Project Certificate - for the students submitting the best project in each ImechE-accredited programme.
- IMechE: Frederic Barnes Waldron Best Student Prize (Western Region) - for the best Mechanical Engineering Student.