We recognise and celebrate exceptional student talent and contributions. Many awards are supported by key players in the sector.
Second year prizes
- UBCEA Prize - for the most significant contribution to the University bearing in mind academic, social and sporting achievements.
- Brian Hawkins Prize - for the top mark in Field Methods and Geotechnics 2.
Overall performance prizes
- Design Project Prize - for the best group in the Design Project 4 unit. Includes the poster and report elements only. Sponsored by The International Association for Bridge and Structural Engineering (IABSE)
- Nash Memorial Prize - for the student with the top mark across Geotechnical Design units
- Research award - to the finalist student with the best Research Project.
Third and fourth year prizes
- Hays Prize - for a graduating MEng student judged as having the best project performance in the third and/or fourth year.
- Institution of Civil Engineers' Prize - for the best in performance in third and fourth years, with due regard to coursework and particular ability in civil engineering design.
- Water Engineering Prize - for the best overall performance in Water Engineering in third and fourth year, encompassing Water Resources Risk Management, Water Engineering 3 and the Water Resources Project.
Final year prizes
- REEP Lintern Prize - to the Best Civil Engineering Student in the final Year.
- Hele Shaw Prize - for the final year student in any Department with a good academic or social record not otherwise covered.
- Institution of Structural Engineers' (Francis Memorial) Prize - for best performance in the final year in the field of structural engineering.
- South Western Association of the Institution of Civil Engineers' Prize - towards books of professional value for the two most meritorious final year students.
- Wertheimer Memorial Prize - for the final year student who is considered to have made the best contribution to the life of the faculty and fellow students.
- Deloitte Haskins & Sells Prize - for final year best performance in business and management studies.