EBI Rapid Response Call (COVID-19)
This call is now closed for applications
We have received over 120 applications from across our research community and we are pleased that we have been able to support approximately 50% of the applications received, details of which can be found on our awarded COVID-19 projects page. We are grateful to see the scale and breadth of research work in this area.
About the scheme
The Elizabeth Blackwell Institute is offering support for research into the novel coronavirus / COVID-19. This call is for applications to enable University of Bristol academic staff to apply for research funding in this area.
We anticipate that individual projects funded from this scheme will be in the order of £500 - £5,000 each and this will be dictated by the needs of each project. Applicants are welcome to propose projects above this amount but please contact us before submitting the application.
The initial deadline for applications was 12.00 on Wednesday, 25 March 2020. The scheme has been open on a rolling basis and there is now a final deadline of midday on Tuesday 30 June 2020.
Applications will be reviewed by a panel comprising of University of Bristol staff. Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application as soon as possible.
- Applications must be for research work in the area of the novel coronavirus / COVID-19
- The scheme is open to all academic staff members at the University of Bristol
- Funds will be used to support research activities directly (not for co-ordination activities)
- Funds may be used to support: equipment, consumables, staff time or other items if fully justified in the application
- Applications may be made for aspects of planned projects that cannot be funded from elsewhere, for instance for a piece of equipment or software.
Applications will be assessed by a panel comprising of University of Bristol staff, on the following criteria:
Aims and objectives
- What are the strengths of the aims and objectives for the research?
- Is the proposed workplan realistic?
- Does the team have the experience, skills and resources to deliver the planned work?
- Are the costs well justified?
- Does the proposal make a convincing case that the research is likely to have impact, with impact understood in broad terms and in relation to the area of research proposed.
How to apply
This scheme is now closed for applications.
Further information and queries
If you require further information or have any queries, please email Sarah Blackmore, EBI Funding Officer email@example.com
Funded COVID-19 projects
Find out more about our awarded COVID-19 projects