Bristol Teaching Awards
The Bristol Teaching Awards (BTAs) recognise and celebrate those staff who have made an outstanding contribution to teaching, the provision of support for students, and enhancing the student learning experience. The scheme also aims to provide an opportunity for reflection on our collective achievements in supporting teaching and learning in this most challenging of years. Students and staff are invited to nominate relevant individuals or teams in the award categories listed below.
The BTA winners were announced at the Bristol Teaching Celebration on Wednesday 16th June 2021. The celebration was a formal opportunity for all associated teaching and learning staff to be thanked for their contributions this year, all staff (including all BTA nominees) were invited to attend.
View the 'Nominees, shortlist and winners 2021' page where updates on the shortlist and winners have been announced.
The 2020-21 award categories and nomination criteria
Student and staff are invited to nominate individuals and/or teams in a range of award categories including:
- Outstanding Personal Tutoring Award
- Inspiring and Innovative Teaching Award – 1 winner per faculty
- Outstanding Support Award - dedicated professional services/technical support award
- Outstanding Research Supervision Award
- Vice Chancellors Award for Education – from the 10 award winners, one person or team will be selected by the Vice-Chancellor for this additional award.
Congratulations to this year’s BTA winners, view the winners gallery on the BILT blog.
Visit the shortlist gallery to find out about this year's shortlisted nominees.
Nominated staff and teams 2021
All nominees have the option to display their nomination on the University's 'Thanks and Recognition wall' which you are invited to view.
Previous winners stories
We have two videos for you that really capture the BTAs.