PG Certificate (Postgraduate Certificate) Clinical Oral SurgeryFind a programme
|Awards available||PG Certificate (Postgraduate Certificate)|
|Programme length||One year part-time|
|Location of programme||Clifton campus|
|Part-time study available||Yes, part-time only|
|Open to international students||
A Tier 4 student visa cannot be issued for this programme. Our International Student Advice Team can provide information and guidance on whether you are required to obtain a visa to study with us.
|Start date||October 2017|
This programme develops students’ knowledge and enhances clinical skills through hands-on clinical experience in oral surgery. Following a series of study days and clinical skills teaching, students will undertake a clinical attachment within the University of Bristol Dental Hospital where they will treat oral surgery patients under the supervision of hospital specialists.
Students will spend two days every month, for up to nine months, attending outpatient clinics and operating under close supervision in the oral surgery department of the School of Oral and Dental Sciences, University of Bristol Dental Hospital.
Our programme has been specifically designed for experienced dental practitioners who want to develop their skills in providing clinical oral surgery for their patients in practice.
Students who complete both this Certificate and the Postgraduate Certificate in Clinical Conscious Sedation and Anxiety Management will be awarded a Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Oral Surgery, Clinical Conscious Sedation and Anxiety Management.
Fees for 2017/18
Fees quoted are per annum and subject to annual increase.
University of Bristol students and graduates can benefit from a ten per cent reduction in tuition fees for postgraduate study. Check your eligibility for an alumni scholarship.
Funding for 2017/18
Further information on funding for prospective UK, EU and international postgraduate students.
There will be a mixed delivery approach, including direct clinical supervision, small group teaching, clinical skills sessions (eg suture simulation), and self-directed learning using virtual learning environment material
The module titles are Surgical Skills 1, Surgical Skills 2 and Clinical Attachment. Assessment will be by written assignment, online MCQ, e-assessment, clinical competency work-based assessments and portfolio.
- BDS, or equivalent United Kingdom General Dental Council-registerable dental qualification.
- At least one year's demonstrable postgraduate clinical experience.
- Evidence of registration with the General Dental Council at the start of the programme.
- The UHBristol NHS Trust requires that all those who are granted access to patients must have evidence of immunisation against infectious diseases and Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) clearance prior to commencing the clinical sessions within the Trust premises. Students on this programme will require a honorary contract with the Trust.
- International applicants will be required to provide a satisfactory police check/certificate of good conduct from their home country (with a certified translation into English if necessary). This requirement will be included in the conditions of any offer that is made, and will need to be satisfied before the applicant's place on the programme can be confirmed.
- Applicants must also have Adequate medico-legal indemnity insurance.
- Basic computer skills and access to a PC with adequate internet connection are required.
See international equivalent qualifications on the International Office website.
|Application method||Online application form|
|English language requirements||
Further information about English language requirements
|Admissions statement||Read the programme admissions statement for important information on entry requirements, the application process and supporting documents required.|
This programme is aimed at experienced dental practitioners who want to develop their skills in providing clinical oral surgery for their patients in practice.
31 July 2017
Find out more about becoming a student at Bristol, and the support we offer to international students.
REF 2014 results
- 43% of research is world-leading (4 star)
- 37% of research is internationally excellent (3 star)
- 18% of research is recognised internationally (2 star)
- 1% of research is recognised nationally (1 star)
Results are from the most recent UK-wide assessment of research quality, conducted by HEFCE. More about REF 2014 results.
Get in touch
Senior Faculty Admissions Administrator Phone: +44 (0) 117 342 4439 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
School of Oral and Dental Sciences
University of Bristol
Lower Maudlin Street
Bristol BS1 2LY http://www.bristol.ac.uk/dental