MSc Educational Leadership (Teach First)Find a programme
|Faculty||Faculty of Social Sciences and Law|
|Course length||Two years part time|
|Part-time study available||Yes, part-time only|
|Open to international students||No|
|Number of places||Not fixed|
|Start date||Initial application and enrolment at the summer institute in July, final applications by 30 November. The first unit will be taught in January.|
This MSc Educational Leadership (Teach First) is a natural progression from the Graduate School’s already successfully established TeachFirst PGCE programme. It will enable students, currently working in local schools in challenging circumstances, to be supported by university staff to extend their learning beyond the classroom.
You will engage with current educational research, much of which is being conducted by world renowned scholars at the Graduate School, and use it to interrogate and develop your own practice. In doing so, you will develop the knowledge, skills and understanding to equip yourself to be future educational leaders with the capacity to undertake your own research.
Fees for 2016/17
To be confirmed.
Fees quoted are per annum and subject to annual increase.
Funding for 2016/17
Further information on funding for prospective UK, EU and international postgraduate students.
The structure of the MSc Educational Leadership (Teach First) programme is as follows:
You will import 60 credits from the Teach First PGCE programme and then go on to complete the following mandatory units:
Future Leaders in Contexts of Change (Teach First) (30 credits)
Independent Self Study (Teach First) (30 credits)
Dissertation (Teach First) (60 credits)
Applicants for this programme must have completed the Teach First PGCE programme and have an enrolment on the Teach First national programme.
In order to gain entry to the programme, you must provide the following:
- Transcript of your undergraduate degree results and Teach First PGCE transcript.
- A supporting reference from your employing school
- A supporting academic reference (preferably from your Subject/Professional Tutor on the Teach First PGCE programme)
- Personal statement, which should outline which you have chosen to apply for this programme and your educational and professional background.
We aim to respond to all applications within 21 days of submission.
See international equivalent qualifications on the International Office website.
|Selection process||Online application form|
|English language requirements||
Further information about English language requirements
|Admissions statement||Read the programme admissions statement for important information on entry requirements, the application process and supporting documents required.|
Initial application and enrolment at the summer institute in July, final applications by 30 November. The first unit will be taught in January.
We aim to offer our students the academic and personal development opportunities that will equip them to respond to the intellectual, social and personal challenges that they will encounter throughout their lives and careers.
Our overarching goal is to enable our graduates to display the following characteristics:
- Equipped to demonstrate impact, excellence and distinctiveness in their chosen field
- Visionary, imaginative, innovative, reflective and creative
- High ideals and values, including a strong sense of social justice
- Highly employable, world wide
- Adaptable with the potential to be leaders in work and in the community
Read more about the journeys of some of our graduates.
REF 2014 results
- 44% of research is world-leading (4 star)
- 36% of research is internationally excellent (3 star)
- 19% of research is recognised internationally (2 star)
- 1% of research is recognised nationally (1 star)
Results are from the most recent UK-wide assessment of research quality, conducted by HEFCE. More about REF 2014 results.
Get in touch
Student Services Office Phone: +44 (0) 117 331 4491 Email: email@example.com
Graduate School of Education
University of Bristol
35 Berkley Square
Bristol, BS8 1JA