Unite Foundation Scholarships
Free accommodation for up to three years for students who have previously been in care or are estranged from their parents.
The Unite Foundation provides free en suite accommodation (no rent, no bills) in Unite House or Orchard Heights for up to three years of undergraduate study.
For each year that you take up the free accommodation offer, a room will be available for you for the full calendar year.
Unite Foundation Scholars
Hear what the Unite Foundation Scholarship means to current recipients.
You can apply if you are:
- a care leaver or estranged from family
- in receipt of, or applying for, student finance specific to care leaver/care experienced/estranged students
- studying at, or holding a firm choice offer from, a Unite Foundation University
- undertaking your first and only course of undergraduate study
- aged 25 or under on 1 September 2020
- a UK home fee status student, i.e. not an international student.
Current students who meet the eligibility criteria can also apply for the scholarship.
If you meet the eligibility criteria but are not successful in being awarded a scholarship, you can apply the following year.
How to apply
Due to COVID-19, the Unite Foundation Scholarship has been suspended for students starting at the University in 2021/22.
Applications for 2020/21 entry have now closed.
The Unite Foundation cannot provide awards for every eligible young person.
An eligible application offers a chance and not a guarantee of a scholarship award. If your eligible application is unsuccessful initially, you will be put on the reserve list and can go through the adjustment and clearing process. You can also reapply the following year.
Read the scholarship terms and conditions.