Anne and Peggy Sleigh Bursaries: terms and conditions
Go to an overview of the .
To be eligible for the Anne and Peggy Sleigh Bursaries, you must:
- be a female student from the UK;
- be eligible for financial support from your regional funding provider (i.e. Student Finance England, Student Finance Wales, Student Finance Northern Ireland or Student Awards Agency for Scotland);
- be eligible for the financial support available from the UK government in the form of the tuition fee and living costs loans from the Student Loans Company;
- have an offer (or be awaiting a decision) to study an undergraduate programme at the University of Bristol;
- have a demonstrable financial need.
Priority will be given to applicants who:
- are from areas of low participation in higher education;
- have attended an aspiring state school;
- who have received a contextual offer.
The bursary is valued at £2,500 per year for up to four years of study. It is awarded in the form of a contribution towards living costs.
- Two bursaries are available in 2022/23 for Physics students.
- One bursary is available in 2022/23 for Biology students.
The Anne and Peggy Sleigh Bursaries can be held in conjunction with the University of Bristol Bursary.
How to apply
Apply using the online application form.
All applications should be received by the published deadline. Late applications will not be considered. The online application form will be closed once the deadline has passed. There is no appeal process and requests to submit late applications will not be considered.
- The award is available for the duration of your undergraduate course, for up to four years.
- If you need to repeat any years of your course, the award will not be paid for the repeat year of study.
- If due to extenuating circumstances you need to suspend your studies, the remainder of the award will be paid when you restart your studies. No more than £2,500 per academic year will be paid.
- Recipients will be required to provide an annual progress report to the donor via the Development and Alumni Relations Office.
- The bursary will be renewed each year providing you meet the following criteria:
- You are performing at 2:1 level or above. (Mitigating circumstances will be taken into account where appropriate).
- Depending upon the subject for which the bursary was originally awarded, you must remain registered within the School of Physics or School of
Biology during your course of study.
Find out more
Email email@example.com if you have any questions about these criteria.