Our workshop programme is designed to give students an opportunity to get together to further their own and others' understanding of specific topics.
Workshops are single events on specific topics. They usually last between one and two hours, or run as a one-day course. Different workshops are offered each term.
Through small group discussions and individual and group exercises you will have the opportunity to share experiences, as well as to learn and practise new skills.
Can I attend a workshop?
- Any student who is registered at the University is eligible to attend a workshop.
- You can attend any of these workshops alongside any other support you are accessing in the service.
- You can attend as many workshops as you like, provided there is space.
- If you are a Bristol resident, you can also access NHS Bristol Wellbeing Therapies courses.
Workshop programme, Spring 2018
- You don't need to book on these workshops, just turn up on the day with your student card.
- You don't need to bring anything to the workshop, but you could bring a pen to make notes and some bottled water.
- Arrive on time. If you are more than five minutes late you will not be allowed in.
- Workshops flyer Spring 2018 (PDF, 130kB)
Find and develop your resilience
Wednesday 31 January 2018, 2:30 pm to 4:15 pm, Hampton House
Life has its ups and downs and sometimes we can feel stressed, exhausted or overwhelmed.
Resilience can be learnt and developed and it can greatly benefit both your academic work and your personal life.
Come and create your 'resilience tool box' by learning strategies to recover from set-backs and creatively manage challenges and difficulties.
Find and develop resilience for your upcoming exams
Wednesday 28 February 2018, 2:30 pm to 4:15 pm, Hampton House
The exam period can be tough. We can feel stressed, exhausted or overwhelmed.
Resilience can be learnt and developed and it can greatly benefit your academic work and help you manage revision and exam periods well.
Come and create your 'resilience tool box' by re-connecting with your strenghts and developing new skills and strategies to reduce anxiety and boost confidence.
Get to know your inner critic and find your voice
Wednesday 7 February 2018, 2.30 - 4.15 pm, Hampton House
In this workshop we will seek to engage with those negative internal voices in a creative way.
Using creative art therapy, we will use story, art, movement and mindfulness to help you to understand the roots of your negative self-talk and to practise finding your own voice of power.
Tackling self-destructive habits and behaviours
Wednesday 7 March 2018, 2.30 - 4.15 pm, Hampton House
A workshop exploring areas in your life you would like to change. Identify patterns, think about the role of unwanted behaviour in your life, and make plans for more positive replacements.
What to do if a workshop is full
- If a workshop is full, we will not be able to let you into the session, but we may invite you to attend another one later in the year.
- Some handouts and presentations are available online - you can come to one of our Talk and Plan sessions to work through these with a counsellor if you like.
- Use our resource library in Counselling Services main reception.
- Contact us if you need further support.