Managing People and Teams
Enhance your management skills. Learn how to motivate your colleagues, manage performance and get the best out of your team.
One- and two-day workshops
- Building Resilient Teams
- Managing Change
- Coaching Skills for Managers
- Handling Difficult Conversations
- Mentoring at Bristol - an Introduction
- Personal Impact and Influence
- Presenting with Confidence
- Exploring Personality Differences
- Successful Recruitment and Selection
- Strategies for Managing Performance
- Writing Effective Job Descriptions
The UoB Manager Induction programme is for new Professional Services supervisors and managers of any grade who are new to the University and / or new to people management. Find out more.
Resources for Managing People & Teams
UoB guidance for new managers
These university webpages contain lots of helpful information and links for new (and existing!) managers
KnowHow resources on Managing People
KnowHow have hundreds of useful and varied resources to help develop your people management skills - all at your fingertips
'Manager as Coach'
Jenny Roger's excellent book about using a coaching approach to get the best from your staff
'Forget the pecking order at work'
Organizations are often run according to "the superchicken model," where the value is placed on star employees who outperform others. And yet, this isn't what drives the most high-achieving teams - as business leader Margaret Heffernan explains in this TED talk.