Motivation for lifestyle change among adults with type 2 Diabetes
- Funder: NIHR Bristol Nutrition BRU
- Principal Lead: Dr Simon Sebire
- Co-researchers: Prof Ashley Cooper; Dr Katrina Turner; Aiden Searle; Dr Angie Page; Dr Rob Andrews
- Research staff: Zoi Thoumpakari
- Research Centre: Exercise Nutrition & Health Sciences
To investigate motivation for lifestyle change amongst adults with Type 2 Diabetes. The project will use secondary qualitative analysis to explore motivation in this group from a self-determination theory perspective to understand how motivational quality may underpin experiences of behaviour change within an intervention setting. Two waves of in depth semi-structured qualitative interviews with participants 3 months in to the intervention and just prior to the end of the intervention providing a unique opportunity to examine qualitative perceptions of change / development in motivation.