‘Active Mates’: Our new Facebook group created to remove the anxiety of being active alone 9 October 2019 On this day, 10 October 2019 – World Mental Health Day – we’re shining a spotlight on the hugely positive impact that sport and exercise can have, not just on physical health, but also mental, social and emotional wellbeing.
- Get your ticket for the 2020 Great Bristol 10K 12 November 2019 The University of Bristol is partnering with the Great Run company for the second year running to bring University of Bristol students, staff and alumni discounted entry into the race around the city's historic harbourside on Sunday 3 May 2020.
- We're recruiting current and aspiring run group leaders to help get the University moving 30 October 2019 If you are already a qualified leader or would like to become one, we need you!
- Statement following the recent University Swimming Pool closures 16 October 2019 On behalf of the Sport, Exercise and Health dept. at the University of Bristol, we acknowledge and apologise that our service has let our customers down over the past few weekends.
- How joining the gym gave me hope for the future 10 October 2019 When Charlotte Jones first stepped into her university’s gym two years ago, she had no idea that exercise would be the remedy to the depression and anxiety she’d been living with.
- ‘Active Mates’: Our new Facebook group created to remove the anxiety of being active alone 9 October 2019 On this day, 10 October 2019 – World Mental Health Day – we’re shining a spotlight on the hugely positive impact that sport and exercise can have, not just on physical health, but also mental, social and emotional wellbeing.
- Vacancy: Sports Physiotherapist for Sports Medicine Clinic 7 October 2019 The University of Bristol Sports Medicine Clinic caters for university students, staff and the general public. We have opportunities for experienced, enthusiastic self-employed Physiotherapists to join our busy multi-disciplinary team and support more people to be more active.
- We're recruiting Sports Activators for 2019/20 19 July 2019
- Students honoured at annual sporting awards event 18 June 2019 The annual Bristol Reds awards took place at the heart of the University Campus in the Wills Memorial Building on Saturday 8 June 2019. The evening event was attended by students, their families, and University staff.
- Thousands descend on Gloucester for the BUCS 4s and 8s Head of the River 28 February 2019 This weekend, rowing’s annual British Universities & Colleges Sport (BUCS) 4s and 8s head will be hosted in the West Country for the first time. The UK’s best student rowers will be descending upon Gloucester’s new £1 million boat house renovation, for a chance to leave with some impressive silverware. Welcoming crews from 55 clubs, with 1966 student rowers and over 125 beginner entries; the co-hosts of the BUCS 4s & 8s Head are set to impress with what is tipped to be an exciting weekend.
- Bristol universities get active at city’s biggest 10k run 14 February 2019 University challenge will take on a whole new meaning this year after the Universities of Bristol and the West of England signed up to encourage staff, students and alumni to get active at the Simplyhealth Great Bristol 10K.