Winter Warmer gym and swim offer 9 December 2020 Shake off the chills and keep moving over the holidays with our Winter Warmer offer!
- Winter Warmer gym and swim offer 9 December 2020 Shake off the chills and keep moving over the holidays with our Winter Warmer offer!
- Bristol GBBO Star, Briony Williams, announced as Great Bristol 10k University Ambassador! 4 February 2020 The University is delighted to announce Briony Williams as their Ambassador for this year’s Great Bristol 10k in May. Briony, who lives in Bristol and studied for her post-graduate qualification in teaching at the University, became a household name when she starred in the 2018 series of the Great British Bake-Off, making it all the way to the semi-finals.
- Students, staff and alumni to get active at this year’s Great Bristol 10k 30 January 2020 Students, staff and alumni from the University of Bristol are being invited to lace up their trainers and take part in this year’s Great Bristol 10k on Sunday 3 May.
- Healthy Minds: Supporting wellbeing through university and beyond 28 January 2020 Bristol alumnus, Ashley Dunn, is a man who’s always on the move. Currently working as a postman, he keeps his step count sky-high by delivering letters and parcels up and down the hills of Bristol. Since graduating in 2018 with a degree in Philosophy he’s also chalked up two triathlons, a half marathon and a 10K. Next year, the 30-year-old will tackle the challenge on every runner’s bucket list: the London marathon.
- Get your ticket for the 2020 Great Bristol 10K 12 November 2019 The University of Bristol is partnering with the Great Run company for the second year running to bring University of Bristol students, staff and alumni discounted entry into the race around the city's historic harbourside on Sunday 3 May 2020.
- We're recruiting current and aspiring run group leaders to help get the University moving 30 October 2019 If you are already a qualified leader or would like to become one, we need you!
- Statement following the recent University Swimming Pool closures 16 October 2019 On behalf of the Sport, Exercise and Health dept. at the University of Bristol, we acknowledge and apologise that our service has let our customers down over the past few weekends.
- How joining the gym gave me hope for the future 10 October 2019 When Charlotte Jones first stepped into her university’s gym two years ago, she had no idea that exercise would be the remedy to the depression and anxiety she’d been living with.
- ‘Active Mates’: Our new Facebook group created to remove the anxiety of being active alone 9 October 2019 On this day, 10 October 2019 – World Mental Health Day – we’re shining a spotlight on the hugely positive impact that sport and exercise can have, not just on physical health, but also mental, social and emotional wellbeing.
- Vacancy: Sports Physiotherapist for Sports Medicine Clinic 7 October 2019 The University of Bristol Sports Medicine Clinic caters for university students, staff and the general public. We have opportunities for experienced, enthusiastic self-employed Physiotherapists to join our busy multi-disciplinary team and support more people to be more active.