Outstanding REF 2021 results for the School of Modern Languages 12 May 2022 The School of Modern Languages at the University of Bristol is pleased to announce its REF 2021 results.
- Bristol Translates announces partnership with Charles Wallace India Trust 4 May 2023 Bristol Translates literary translation summer school is pleased to announce that the Charles Wallace India Trust has generously agreed to sponsor this year’s inaugural Hindi workshop as well as provide two full bursaries for participants based in India.
- International Booker Prize: Bristol Translates tutor shortlisted 2 May 2023 Bristol Translates Spanish tutor Rosalind Harvey has been shortlisted for the UK’s most prestigious translation prize.
- Pensador March 2023 is out! 23 March 2023 The latest magazine for hispanic, latin american, calatan & portugese studies is out!
- La Civetta March 2023 edition is out! 23 March 2023 The latest edition of La Civetta is out!
- La Dépêche March 2023 edition is out! 23 March 2023 The second issue of the French department newsletter La Dépêche is out!
- Phwoar! Dozens collaborate on Spanish translation slam! 27 February 2023 Two professional translators went head to head in a Spanish to English translation slam, followed by a fast-paced crowd competition with MAT students chipping in.
- La Dépêche December 2022 edition is out! 12 December 2022 This year’s first issue of the French department newsletter La Dépêche is out!
- La Civetta December 2022 edition is out! 12 December 2022
- Bristol Translates: Holly Langstaff takes over from Amanda Hopkinson 24 November 2022 Holly Langstaff joins Bristol Translates literary translation summer school as its new co-director, following the retirement of Amanda Hopkinson. Holly will work alongside Ros Schwartz, who will continue in her role.
- MAT graduate elected coordinator of ITI regional group 14 November 2022 Becca George has been elected as Coordinator of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting’s Western Regional Group (ITI WRG).