Psychology and Psychiatry at the University of Bristol ranked 55th in the US News Best Global Universities Rankings 29 October 2019 We are delighted that Psychology and Psychiatry have been ranked 55th best university globally and 5th within the United Kingdom.
- Study looked for links between teenage anxiety and later harmful drinking 9 November 2019 Researchers at the University of Bristol, including those from the School of Psychological Science, have found evidence of an association between generalised anxiety disorder at age 18 and harmful drinking three years later, thanks to the long-term health study Children of the 90s.
- Psychology and Psychiatry at the University of Bristol ranked 55th in the US News Best Global Universities Rankings 29 October 2019 We are delighted that Psychology and Psychiatry have been ranked 55th best university globally and 5th within the United Kingdom.
- Marcus Munafò shortlisted for an award 18 October 2019 Professor Marcus Munafò has been shortlisted for this year's Wonkhe Awards in the "Research" category for his recent blog post. The Wonkhe awards will be presented at the Wonkfest which celebrates the best of the Higher Education community's contributions to policy.
- Stephan Lewandowsky helps develop a report to understand our political nature 17 October 2019 Professor Stephan Lewandowsky and fifty-nine other experts from across the globe who work in the fields of behavioural and social sciences as well as the humanities, have contributed to the research that underpins the European Union's Joint Research Centre (JRC) report that calls upon evidence-informed policy making not to be taken for granted. The report itself brings new insights into our political behaviour and this understanding has the potential to address some of the current crises in our democracies.
- People eat more when dining with friends and family, study shows 4 October 2019 People eat more with friends and family than when dining alone – a possible throwback to our early ancestors’ approach to survival, according to a new study.
- Henry Eaton awarded an honourable mention in the Spring 2019 Undergraduate Statistics Research Project competition 3 September 2019 Henry Eaton, who has recently graduated from the BSc (Psychology), was awarded an honourable mention in the Spring 2019 Undergraduate Statistics Research Project (USRESP) competition.
- Summer Graduation 2019 7 August 2019 Congratulations to all of our 2019 graduates and graduate prize winners!
- Psychology undergraduate is awarded the BPS Cognitive Project Prize 26 July 2019 Liz Humm, who graduated from the School of Psychological Science this Summer, has won the British Psychological Society's Cognitive Project prize.
- IEU Engagement Awards recognise TARG researchers 25 July 2019 MRC Integrated Epidemiology Unit presented the IEU Engagement Awards to recognise three TARG members who have been involved with public engagement activities over the last year.
- Psychology student magazine is relaunched! 19 July 2019 The school's student magazine, Psyche, has been relaunched on the 19th July 2019.