Academy Award-winning actor Jeff Bridges partners with Bristol on environmental education programme 12 February 2019 Academy Award-winning actor and producer Jeff Bridges has partnered with the University of Bristol’s Cabot Institute for the Environment to produce a short film as part of his new educational programme around climate change.
- Academy Award-winning actor Jeff Bridges partners with Bristol on environmental education programme 12 February 2019 Academy Award-winning actor and producer Jeff Bridges has partnered with the University of Bristol’s Cabot Institute for the Environment to produce a short film as part of his new educational programme around climate change.
- 'Every discipline does something well, and there's a lot we can learn' 31 January 2019 Professor Marcus Munafo speaks to the British Psychological Society about all things related to the importance of reproduciblity in science!
- ‘Ground-breaking’ great ape activity device revealed at Bristol Zoo Gardens 16 November 2018 A team of scientists from the University of Bristol and Bristol Zoological Society have collaborated to develop a ‘ground-breaking’ new animal enrichment activity for the gorillas at Bristol Zoo Gardens.
- Claire Haworth wins Philip Leverhulme Prize 5 November 2018 Dr Claire Haworth wins a Philip Leverhulme prize along with two other Bristol academics.
- Anya Skatova and Claire Haworth announced as Fellows of The Alan Turing Institute 1 November 2018 The School of Psychological Science is delighted to announce that two of its academics have been announced as Fellows of The Alan Turing Institute, along with 28 other academics from the University of Bristol. Congratulations to both Anya Skatova and Claire Haworth!
- University of Bristol first in UK to launch 'Science of Happiness' course 10 October 2018 The University of Bristol has become the first UK university to launch a 'Science of Happiness' course, designed to teach students a set of science-based strategies for living a more fulfilling life. The course is being run by Professor Bruce Hood from the School of Psychological Science along with several University of Bristol students.
- Psychology at Bristol Fun Palaces Weekend 2018 8 October 2018 Bristol Fun Palaces Weekend was held from the 6th October until the 7th October 2018. The weekend let guests explore health-inspired arts and science activities with University of Bristol researchers and Bristol's residents.
- Evidence that increased BMI causes lower mental wellbeing 28 September 2018 There is an increasing need to prevent obesity because of the consequences for mental as well as physical health, new research by academics at the University of Bristol has found.
- Lorna Smith wins the Jonathan Sime Award 2018 17 September 2018 Recent graduate, Lorna Smith, was awarded the Jonathan Sime Award for 2018.
- Lucy Yardley elected to BPS Fellowship 12 September 2018