‘Ground-breaking’ great ape activity device revealed at Bristol Zoo Gardens 16 November 2018 A team of scientists from the University of Bristol and Bristol Zoological Society have collaborated to develop a ‘ground-breaking’ new animal enrichment activity for the gorillas at Bristol Zoo Gardens.
- ‘Ground-breaking’ great ape activity device revealed at Bristol Zoo Gardens 16 November 2018 A team of scientists from the University of Bristol and Bristol Zoological Society have collaborated to develop a ‘ground-breaking’ new animal enrichment activity for the gorillas at Bristol Zoo Gardens.
- Claire Haworth wins Philip Leverhulme Prize 5 November 2018 Dr Claire Haworth wins a Philip Leverhulme prize along with two other Bristol academics.
- Anya Skatova and Claire Haworth announced as Fellows of The Alan Turing Institute 1 November 2018 The School of Psychological Science is delighted to announce that two of its academics have been announced as Fellows of The Alan Turing Institute, along with 28 other academics from the University of Bristol. Congratulations to both Anya Skatova and Claire Haworth!
- University of Bristol first in UK to launch 'Science of Happiness' course 10 October 2018 The University of Bristol has become the first UK university to launch a 'Science of Happiness' course, designed to teach students a set of science-based strategies for living a more fulfilling life. The course is being run by Professor Bruce Hood from the School of Psychological Science along with several University of Bristol students.
- Psychology at Bristol Fun Palaces Weekend 2018 8 October 2018 Bristol Fun Palaces Weekend was held from the 6th October until the 7th October 2018. The weekend let guests explore health-inspired arts and science activities with University of Bristol researchers and Bristol's residents.
- Evidence that increased BMI causes lower mental wellbeing 28 September 2018 There is an increasing need to prevent obesity because of the consequences for mental as well as physical health, new research by academics at the University of Bristol has found.
- Lorna Smith wins the Jonathan Sime Award 2018 17 September 2018 Recent graduate, Lorna Smith, was awarded the Jonathan Sime Award for 2018.
- Lucy Yardley elected to BPS Fellowship 12 September 2018
- New network launched to enhance the rigour and reliability of UK scientific research 12 September 2018 A new Reproducibility Network that aims to improve the rigour and reliability of UK-led scientific research launched at the University of Bristol this week. The Network aims to reinforce the leading position of UK science by co-ordinating shared training and best practice across research-intensive universities.
- Scientists identify 35 genes associated with cannabis use 28 August 2018 A large-scale genetic study found that some of the same genes associated with the use of cannabis are also associated with certain personality types and psychiatric conditions.