Dr Olivia Maynard shortlisted for Bristol Teaching Award 8 May 2019 Dr Olivia Maynard has been short-listed for the Students’ Award for Outstanding Teaching in the Faculty of Life Sciences as part of the 2019 Bristol Teaching Awards.
- Dr Olivia Maynard shortlisted for Bristol Teaching Award 8 May 2019 Dr Olivia Maynard has been short-listed for the Students’ Award for Outstanding Teaching in the Faculty of Life Sciences as part of the 2019 Bristol Teaching Awards.
- University of Bristol and Yale ‘happiness Professors’ reunite for public happiness talk 3 May 2019 Having been the first in the UK to pioneer the exceptionally popular ‘Science of Happiness’ course, the University of Bristol’s Professor Bruce Hood is set to be joined by Professor Laurie Santos of Yale University, to give a free public lecture called Science of Happiness and The Good Life [6pm, 10 May at Priory Road Lecture Theatre, Bristol].
- Political fake news: they might be a liar but they're my liar 16 April 2019 An international collaboration has investigated how people perceive politicians when they spread misinformation. The research found supporters of the politicians reduced their belief in misinformation once corrected, yet their feelings towards the political figure remained unchanged if misinformation was presented alongside an equal number of facts.
- Dr Olivia Maynard is appointed as an ESRC Strategic Advisory Network member 5 April 2019 Dr Olivia Maynard is one of 21 new Economic and Social Research Council Strategic Advisory Network members.
- Prof. Bruce Hood gives some top tips on how to keep happy 21 March 2019 In aid of International Day of Happiness, Prof. Bruce Hood shares his top happiness hacks via the University of Bristol social media feeds.
- Child and adolescent anxiety could be linked to later alcohol problems 20 March 2019 New research led by the University of Bristol has found some evidence that children and adolescents with higher levels of anxiety may be at greater risk of developing alcohol problems. However, the link between anxiety and later binge drinking and later frequency and quantity of drinking was more inconclusive.
- South West Undergraduate Conference 2019 19 March 2019 University of Bristol Psychology students attended the British Psychological Society South West Undergraduate Conference (SWUC).
- My Science Inquiry: Dr Emma Williams pitches ideas on product security to MPs 6 March 2019 Dr Emma Williams, School of Psychological Science, was chosen to pitch her idea for a parliamentary inquiry to the Science and Technology Committee in Westminster last month (February). Her idea, Ensuring Secure Digital Innovation, was chosen from over 80 entries nationally to the My Science Inquiry initiative, with a view to ideas informing current and new policy.
- Psychology Graduation 2019! 27 February 2019 Congratulations to all of our recent graduates and school prize winners.
- Academy Award-winning actor Jeff Bridges partners with Bristol on environmental education programme 12 February 2019 Academy Award-winning actor and producer Jeff Bridges has partnered with the University of Bristol’s Cabot Institute for the Environment to produce a short film as part of his new educational programme around climate change.