Patients with mental health conditions denied access to 'best available' stop smoking treatments 10 July 2019 A new study from researchers at the universities of Bristol and Bath suggests that doctors should rethink which drugs they prescribe to help smokers with mental health conditions kick the habit.
- Patients with mental health conditions denied access to 'best available' stop smoking treatments 10 July 2019 A new study from researchers at the universities of Bristol and Bath suggests that doctors should rethink which drugs they prescribe to help smokers with mental health conditions kick the habit.
- Brain box challenge hits the 3000 mark! 2 July 2019 On Friday 21st June, the team of Psychology STEM ambassadors visited Kingsway Primary School and reached their 3000th child.
- Psychology masters student presents research at the European Society of Human Genetics Conference 2019 24 June 2019 On the 14th June Helena Davies, a Psychology Masters student, attended and presented at the European Society of Human Genetics Conference 2019 in Gothenburg, Sweden. Below, Helena shares her experience at the conference including details of her own research.
- Psychology undergraduate students are awarded BPS Undergraduate Research Assistantships 11 June 2019 Two undergraduate students from the School of Psychological Science are awarded Research Assistantships from the British Psychological Society.
- Dr Osama Mahmoud recognised for contribution to Diabetic Medicine 10 June 2019 Dr Osama Mahmoud, a researcher from the Tobacco and Alcohol Group, has had one of his articles recognised as a top 20 most read paper in Diabetic Medicine.
- Professor Bruce Hood to receive an Honorary Degree from Abertay University 30 May 2019 Professor Bruce Hood is being awarded an Honorary Doctorate of Science at Abertay University on the 4th July 2019.
- Researchers identify how to find best and worse colours for camouflage 30 May 2019 Avoiding detection can provide significant survival advantages for prey, predators, or the military. For the first time, scientists from Bristol’s Camo Lab have identified a new method to find the optimal colour to minimize or maximize detectability of a target. The study is published in a Royal Society Interface study.
- TARG Researchers at Pint of Science and Creative Reactions 2019 27 May 2019 TARG Researchers attend the Pint of Science and Creative Reactions 2019 events.
- Dr Olivia Maynard shortlisted for Bristol Teaching Award 8 May 2019 Dr Olivia Maynard has been short-listed for the Students’ Award for Outstanding Teaching in the Faculty of Life Sciences as part of the 2019 Bristol Teaching Awards.
- University of Bristol and Yale ‘happiness Professors’ reunite for public happiness talk 3 May 2019 Having been the first in the UK to pioneer the exceptionally popular ‘Science of Happiness’ course, the University of Bristol’s Professor Bruce Hood is set to be joined by Professor Laurie Santos of Yale University, to give a free public lecture called Science of Happiness and The Good Life [6pm, 10 May at Priory Road Lecture Theatre, Bristol].