Research in the Theory Group at the University of Bristol is broad, and at present focuses on four overlapping areas.
Following the strong tradition of Bristol Theory, members of the group have many international collaborations with experimentalists as well as other theorists, mathematicians, chemists, material scientists, ...
- Wave Geometry & Optical Field Theory
- Electronic Structure & Many-Body Physics of Novel Materials
- Knots in Physics & Applied Topology
- Statistical, Liquid State & Soft Matter Physics
We are happy to consider applications for both PhD and for self-funded MSc by Research applicants all year round.
All Theory Group news
- Knots in chaotic waves 29 July 2016
- School of Physics newsletter - special undergraduate edition 16 March 2016
- A Fortnight of Bristol Topological Presentations – from Orkney to China 16 November 2015
All Theory Group seminars
Threading, Knotting and Impalements: Effects of Topological Interactions in Melts of Ring Polymers nd DNA Gel Electrophoresis
25 October 2017, 2.15 PM
Geometrically frustrated self-assembly: what determines the dimensionality of the aggregates?
1 November 2017, 4.00 PM
Two sides of the Poincaré sphere in optics: polarization and beam structure.
8 November 2017, 2.15 PM