Research in the Theory Group at the University of Bristol is broad, and at present focuses on four overlapping areas.
Following the strong tradition of Bristol Theory, members of the group have many international collaborations with experimentalists as well as other theorists, mathematicians, chemists, material scientists, ...
- Wave Geometry & Optical Field Theory
- Electronic Structure & Many-Body Physics of Novel Materials
- Knots in Physics & Applied Topology
- Statistical, Liquid State & Soft Matter Physics
We are happy to consider applications for both PhD and for self-funded MSc by Research applicants all year round.
All Theory Group news
- Bristol Applied Topology featured in Physical Review Letters 11 January 2017
- Bristol Theory group PhD thesis on Applied Topology published in Springer series 11 January 2017
- Knots in chaotic waves 29 July 2016
All Theory Group seminars
Thermodynamics of precision in quantum non-equilibrium steady states
20 February 2019, 2.00 PM
P-wave triggered superconductivity in single-layer graphene on an electron-doped oxide superconductor
27 February 2019, 2.00 PM
6 March 2019, 2.00 PM