Physics undergraduates raise over a thousand pounds in charity run 16 March 2017 Undergraduates Astrid, Viktoria and Helen ran Bath Half Marathon and raised over £1000.
- Bristol researchers make new contributions to knot theory 20 June 2017
- Kate Oliver wins the "University's Best Communicator" award at Research without Borders 2 June 2017
- CDT-CMP Student Published In Advanced Materials 8 May 2017
- Professor Sandu Popescu made a Fellow of the Royal Society 5 May 2017 Professor Sandu Popescu has achieved the rare distinction of being elected Fellow of the world’s most eminent and oldest scientific academy in continuous existence, the Royal Society.
- The CDT-CMP in New Orleans 20 April 2017 CDT-CMP students present talks at APS meeting
- Physics undergraduates raise over a thousand pounds in charity run 16 March 2017 Undergraduates Astrid, Viktoria and Helen ran Bath Half Marathon and raised over £1000.
- An innovative way to present your research 16 March 2017 BCFN student Sara Carreira uses new techniques to publicise her work
- Data is beautiful: outstanding data visualisations recognised at University Research Institute event 6 March 2017 BCFN Student Kate Oliver wins runner up in The Jean Golding Institute’s Data is Beautiful competition.
- BCFN at the Festival of Physics 4 March 2017 First-year students from the Bristol Centre for Functional Nanomaterials led visitors through some of the weirder quirks of the light all around us at the Institute of Physics' annual festival, here at the University of Bristol.
- University of Bristol R and D Receives Boost From Local Firm 28 February 2017 The great research and development work carried out by scientists at the University of Bristol’s School of Physics has received a significant boost, thanks to local firm IES.