Tom Croft receives IOP Superconductivity Group Thesis Prize 11 September 2017 This year's undergraduate teaching prizes have been awarded to lectures from the Correlated Electron Systems group.
- Could ‘Iron Man’ style suit be the answer to the world’s biggest nuclear challenge? 3 December 2018 If wearable technologies are the future, a radioactive-busting robotic suit could represent yet one more dramatic step into the beyond.
- South West Nuclear Hub wins Academic Innovator award 9 November 2018 The South West Nuclear Hub is the proud winner of an The Engineer Collaborate to Innovate Award, following a recent ceremony in London.
- Three months with Hitachi-GE: a Student's story 6 November 2018 Each year one student on the MSc Nuclear Science and Engineering programme at the University of Bristol is able to undertake an exciting internship with Hitachi-GE in Japan.
- School invests in high resolution Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) 29 October 2018
- South West Nuclear Hub celebrates research and skills growth on two year anniversary 24 October 2018 The South West Nuclear Hub has recently celebrated the second anniversary of its doors opening and colleagues gathered in the David Smith Building to reflect on the success in addressing nuclear skills, research and innovation challenges so far.
- £9.4m Research Funding Announced for Collaborative Nuclear Decommissioning Research 5 October 2018 A large programme of projects looking into nuclear decommissioning has been announced, that will see a consortium of 11 universities collaborate with industry on over 40 projects with funding totalling over £9m. This includes South West Nuclear Hub members the universities of Bristol and Southampton, as well as Cavendish Nuclear.
- A year's supply of galaxy clusters 4 October 2018 The international team working on the XXL Survey has released a new dataset of 365 clusters of galaxies and 26,000 active galactic nuclei, along with 20 papers presenting the results from the new data.
- University of Southampton join the South West Nuclear Hub 21 September 2018 The South West Nuclear Hub, based at the University of Bristol, has grown its academic network further by welcoming the University of Southampton as another University member.
- ‘Dragon eggs’ hatched to monitor volcanic activity 7 September 2018 The University of Bristol is pioneering the monitoring of volcanic activity by developing a cutting-edge measurement system that can withstand the harsh conditions around the heart of an active volcano.
- The BCFN at Blue Dot Festival 7 August 2018 Students from the BCFN wowed spectators at the Blue Dot Festival with their polarized stained glass windows!