CES lecturers receive teaching prizes 11 September 2017 This year's undergraduate teaching prizes have been awarded to lectures from the Correlated Electron Systems group.
- Congratulations to all our graduating MSc students 12 February 2018 The BCFN celebrated on Friday 9 February with some of our graduating MSc students
- BCFN student Noha Abu El Magd wins award from EPSRC RISE 9 February 2018 BCFN student Noha Abu El Magd has won an award from the EPSRC RISE programme for inspiring people in STEM
- BCFN students attend Science Communication workshop 5 February 2018 BCFN students attended a Science Communication workshop hosted by Imperial College London and the BBC to explore how the research community engages with the public
- BCFN Industry Conference 2017 26 January 2018 The Bristol Centre for Functional Nanomaterials hosted its inaugural industry showcase, 'Materials for the Industries of Tomorrow', at We The Curious science centre in Bristol
- South West Nuclear Hub welcomes EDF Energy as a member 2 January 2018 Following a successful opening in September 2016, the South West Nuclear Hub started welcoming its members. Out of these, in November 2016 EDF Energy joined the South West Nuclear Hub. This is a significant step in the implementation of the Hub’s delivery model, and a testimony to the fact that EDF Energy, the EDF Group and Bristol University have long been strategic partners.
- BCFN hosts a symposium for Prof Narayan Pradhan 9 November 2017 Oxford Instruments' Young Scientist India Award winner 2017, Prof Narayan Pradhan, gave a keynote lecture at a BCFN symposium on Multicomponent Semiconductor Materials
- BCFN Director attends IOP Business Innovation Awards at Westminster 3 November 2017 On 18th October, Dr Annela Seddon, Director of the Bristol Centre for Functional Nanomaterials (BCFN) was invited to attend the Institute of Physics’ Business Innovation Awards at the Palace of Westminster.
- Revisting Quantum Teleportation 17 October 2017 Dr. Paul Skrzypczyk of the Quantum Information and Foundations group at University of Bristol, together with collaborators from ICFO – The Institute for Photonic Sciences, Barcelona, have shed new light on quantum teleportation.
- University spin-outs announced as winners of major venture capital initiative 17 October 2017 Two University of Bristol spin-out companies, Zeetta Networks and KETS Quantum Security, have been announced as winners of a major venture capital initiative led by BT, the Telecom Infra Project (TIP) and Facebook, which will provide them with access to investors with funds totalling £125 million.
- Nanoantenna arrays power a new generation of fluorescence-based sensors 17 October 2017 Researchers from the Universities of Bristol and Bedfordshire, in collaboration with multinational company ABB, have designed and tested a series of plasmonic nanoantenna arrays that could lead to the development of a new generation of ultrasensitive and low-cost fluorescence sensors that could be used to monitor water quality.