CES lecturers receive teaching prizes 11 September 2017 This year's undergraduate teaching prizes have been awarded to lectures from the Correlated Electron Systems group.
- £9.4m Research Funding Announced for Collaborative Nuclear Decommissioning Research 5 October 2018 A large programme of projects looking into nuclear decommissioning has been announced, that will see a consortium of 11 universities collaborate with industry on over 40 projects with funding totalling over £9m. This includes South West Nuclear Hub members the universities of Bristol and Southampton, as well as Cavendish Nuclear.
- A year's supply of galaxy clusters 4 October 2018 The international team working on the XXL Survey has released a new dataset of 365 clusters of galaxies and 26,000 active galactic nuclei, along with 20 papers presenting the results from the new data.
- University of Southampton join the South West Nuclear Hub 21 September 2018 The South West Nuclear Hub, based at the University of Bristol, has grown its academic network further by welcoming the University of Southampton as another University member.
- ‘Dragon eggs’ hatched to monitor volcanic activity 7 September 2018 The University of Bristol is pioneering the monitoring of volcanic activity by developing a cutting-edge measurement system that can withstand the harsh conditions around the heart of an active volcano.
- The BCFN at Blue Dot Festival 7 August 2018 Students from the BCFN wowed spectators at the Blue Dot Festival with their polarized stained glass windows!
- BCFN students travel to Cork for joint symposium at Tyndall Institute 3 August 2018
- Performance materials at the interface: where sports and science collide 1 August 2018 Paralympic swimmer and gold medalist Susie Rodgers MBE to visit BCFN PhD students next week
- Robotics Researchers Visit Local School with Special Guest Superhero 26 July 2018 A number of researchers from the School of Physics recently visited a local primary school to introduce the children to robotics and the wide range of exciting equipment in use at the University of Bristol.
- IAC Celebrates Latest PhD Graduates 20 July 2018 Two PhD students from the Interface Analysis Centre celebrated their graduation during the July Ceremonies having successfully completed their nuclear-related theses.
- IAC Students Recognised for Superior Research Papers 20 July 2018 Two PhD students from the School of Physics at the University of Bristol have received "Superior Paper” recognition for their research following the Waste Management Symposium (WMS) 2018 in Phoenix, Arizona earlier this year.