New PhD Physics projects for study starting September 2019 30 January 2019
- Former BCFN student Tom Swift awarded prestigious EPSRC doctoral prize 22 February 2019
- University awarded an additional Centre for Doctoral Training in Artificial Intelligence 21 February 2019 The University has been awarded a 10th CDT in Interactive Artificial Intelligence, in today’s Government announcement.
- Successful second year of Bristol-MAI exchange programme 19 February 2019
- BCFN Oxford Instruments event 18 February 2019
- John Nye, 1923 - 2019 18 February 2019
- Quantum Engineering CDT awarded funding for another 5 years 7 February 2019 The QECDT is one of the 75 EPSRC Centres for Doctoral training which were successful in the recent refunding round, and one of nine CDTs going ahead at the University of Bristol.
- Giant impacts caused by interplanetary collisions 4 February 2019 Astronomers have found fresh evidence for significant planetary diversity within a single exoplanet system, suggesting that giant high-speed collisions are partly responsible for planetary evolution.
- Renewal of Nuclear Energy Futures CDT 4 February 2019 Several members of the South West Nuclear Hub are celebrating the renewal of the Nuclear Energy Futures Centre for Doctoral Training (CDT), funded by EPSRC.
- BCFN student receives PhD commendation from the faculty of science 4 February 2019 Dr Piotr Jacek Wolanin's thesis entitled "Functional Organic Nanomaterials for Field-Effect Transistors" has been singled out by examiners as an outstanding piece of work. See below for his bio and a bit about his time studying at the the BCFN
- New PhD Physics projects for study starting September 2019 30 January 2019