New PhD Physics projects for study starting September 2019 30 January 2019
- BCFN Student Noha Abu el Magd Awarded Funding 5 April 2019
- BCFN students learn about science policy with Institute of Physics and Darren Jones MP 20 March 2019
- Dr Nicolette Moreau's paper published in ACS Synthetic Biology 27 February 2019
- Former BCFN student Tom Swift awarded prestigious EPSRC doctoral prize 22 February 2019
- University awarded an additional Centre for Doctoral Training in Artificial Intelligence 21 February 2019 The University has been awarded a 10th CDT in Interactive Artificial Intelligence, in today’s Government announcement.
- Successful second year of Bristol-MAI exchange programme 19 February 2019
- Oxford Instruments event 18 February 2019
- Professor John Nye, 1923 - 2019 18 February 2019 Emeritus Professor John Fredrick Nye, internationally renowned physicist, died on 8 January 2019, a month before his 96th birthday. His colleague Emeritus Professor Michael Berry offers this tribute.
- Quantum Engineering CDT awarded funding for another 5 years 7 February 2019 The QECDT is one of the 75 EPSRC Centres for Doctoral training which were successful in the recent refunding round, and one of nine CDTs going ahead at the University of Bristol.
- Giant impacts caused by interplanetary collisions 4 February 2019 Astronomers have found fresh evidence for significant planetary diversity within a single exoplanet system, suggesting that giant high-speed collisions are partly responsible for planetary evolution.