Ten unscheduled things to do
Ideas to help you make the most of your first few weeks.
- Take a walk on Clifton Down and admire the gorge and the suspension bridge.
- Visit your subject library and use one of their self-guided tours.
- Explore the harbourside, pick up schedules for the Arnolfini and the Watershed, and play with the space signpost.
- Bookmark the portal, Blackboard, information for current students and Student Help.
- On a clear, bright day, climb Brandon Hill.
- Find your local shops: your mission is to eat something you have never eaten before.
- Read something in the beautiful main reading room of the public library by the cathedral.
- Use Bristol Street Art Map to locate works by the graffiti artist, Banksy.
- Explore St Nicholas Market or the shops in Gloucester Road, Whiteladies Road or Clifton Village and send someone a postcard.
- Take a quiet moment to relax.